Comparison between S3Pro and D200

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary_koh

Nov 10, 2004
Seng Kang
www.garykohphoto.com
Hi,

wondering anyone switch from S3Pro to D200?
Is the dynamic range and noise level equally good as S3pro?

S3Pro user.

I guess everyone should be happy with what they got and be contented with the decision once made. These links were depicted from dpreview Fuji forum, naturally comments might be tilted one way.

Regardless, both are good cameras.

../azul123

In the same forum, There are alot of ppl who are trying to 'tweak' the D200's setting to 'duplicate' the image output from S3 ... this tells alot abt S3's picture quality..
:)

azul123 said:
I guess everyone should be happy with what they got and be contented with the decision once made. These links were depicted from dpreview Fuji forum, naturally comments might be tilted one way.

Regardless, both are good cameras.

../azul123

ya, but i din't bother to quote from the Nikon side in DPReview. its positive stuff(with regards to DR, Noise and JPEG - not camera functions) too from the nikon camp. u can run a search there. there's one post where the opinions are very divided.
i'll say the S3 is a slow camera as compared to the D200. but the colours are wonderful.

D200 and S3 are 2 different cameras anyway and there's a 2 yr gap in between them.

buy buy buy!!!!

Cheesecake said:
ya, but i din't bother to quote from the Nikon side in DPReview. its positive stuff(with regards to DR, Noise and JPEG - not camera functions) too from the nikon camp. u can run a search there. there's one post where the opinions are very divided.
i'll say the S3 is a slow camera as compared to the D200. but the colours are wonderful.

D200 and S3 are 2 different cameras anyway and there's a 2 yr gap in between them.

buy buy buy!!!!
Yeap, saw them talking about S4, based on F6 body, wow wouldn't that be great for alot of you out there, not for me though too good for my skills (I mean lack of :bsmilie: )... anyway the collaboration between Fuji and Nikon looks like a good thing.

../azul123

azul123 said:
Yeap, saw them talking about S4, based on F6 body, wow wouldn't that be great for alot of you out there, not for me though too good for my skills (I mean lack of :bsmilie: )... anyway the collaboration between Fuji and Nikon looks like a good thing.

../azul123
i will be first to buy if the new S4 has Fuji ccd in a F6 body...lets wait if Fuji will annouce it at PMA 2006.

Cheesecake said:
yet another

S3Pro ... :thumbsup:

eh he shot his s3pro wif 6mp....effectively cutting off half the pixels.... and the settings...std dr right... comparing a 6mp output to a 10mp output.....

hahhaa oh well...juz pointing it out...

Thanks cheesecake for your links, very useful infomation.
And also thanks everyone for the advice.

I probably won't sell my S3P to get the D200 at this moment, really like the dynamic range, colour and low noise level.
Maybe sometime later will get a D200 if got budget, by then will do some comparison on
both 2 camera and see if I can live with just a D200.

gary_koh said:
Thanks cheesecake for your links, very useful infomation.
And also thanks everyone for the advice.

I probably won't sell my S3P to get the D200 at this moment, really like the dynamic range, colour and low noise level.
Maybe sometime later will get a D200 if got budget, by then will do some comparison on
both 2 camera and see if I can live with just a D200.
I will get D200 and sell the S3.

Status
Not open for further replies.