Comparison between DSLR and SLR in same price category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
What are the pros and cons of SLR when comparing to DSLR in same
price category? Let's focus on entry DSLR (S$2000) and SLRs approx.
the same price. :confused:

Umm I htink for the price the price of a new DSLR you can get a 1 or 3 series film body (canon side) So the only advantage you get is a much sturdier body that will problably last much longer than a consumer or prosumer DLSR.

I understand that fild SLR is much cheaper than DSLR, thus $2000 will buy a nice one.
How about max shutter speed, shots per second, viewfinders, etc? Will they be so much
better than entry DSLR?

For $2000, you get a entry level beginner DSLR (D70s).
For $2000, you can also get a low level pro SLR (new F100. Or second hand F5...)

In terms of handling, viewfinder size and brightness, fps, durability, AF speed, the F100 wins the D70s handsdown. If you are comparing the F5, the F5 will simply eat the D70s (as well as the F100), for lunch in the categories I've just listed. It just feels different, and is heavier.

What is it that you need?

Most pro models have a max shutter speed of 1/8000 and a much more durable shutter unit. Also thier view finders are much brighter and have 100% frame coverage. FPS wise i think its pretty evenly matched but the burst depth of film is only limited to how many frames you have in the cartridge =p

http://photonotes.org/reviews/1-1N-3-1V/ for the stats of canons top film cameras..

Status
Not open for further replies.