Comparing C750 vs C5050

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson

Jan 22, 2003
Visit site
Hi, I'm not your typical pro photographer, but am looking at a DC with slightly more features than the average consumer DC. And the pictures I take are mostly my kids. Had the Fuji Finepix 4700 for 3 years now and frankly the pics taken aren't that great. Therefore now shopping for a better camera.

Prices for C750 and C5050 are quite close, so would like to know what are the differences between these 2.

I'm more inclined towards C750, coz I liked the 10x Optical zoom, but the xD format is putting me off with such high prices. C5050 accepts xD, SM and CF, which is great since I'm using SM and CF is comparatively cheaper. Both uses AA batts, which is what I have in abundance, so no complaints there and no need to worry about proprietary batts.

Would like to hear comments/opinions on which is the better model of this 2 or what are the cons of these 2 models. Thanks a lot.

Wilson

wilson said:
Hi, I'm not your typical pro photographer, but am looking at a DC with slightly more features than the average consumer DC. And the pictures I take are mostly my kids. Had the Fuji Finepix 4700 for 3 years now and frankly the pics taken aren't that great. Therefore now shopping for a better camera.

Prices for C750 and C5050 are quite close, so would like to know what are the differences between these 2.

I'm more inclined towards C750, coz I liked the 10x Optical zoom, but the xD format is putting me off with such high prices. C5050 accepts xD, SM and CF, which is great since I'm using SM and CF is comparatively cheaper. Both uses AA batts, which is what I have in abundance, so no complaints there and no need to worry about proprietary batts.

Would like to hear comments/opinions on which is the better model of this 2 or what are the cons of these 2 models. Thanks a lot.

Wilson

It's great having 10x zoom to pull the scene closer to you, but based on your needs which is more family-oriented, the extra megapixel on C-5050z would do well for your children's portraits, unless you prefer to "snipe" your kids from a distance.

I had the 4700 before and have made great 8R prints from the pictures. Don't think there's a problem with the camera.....

Anyway, if you don't need the extra reach of the 750UZ, the C5050 with a faster lens would do well. It allows more flexibility under low light conditions without the need for flash.

There isn't. ;) Output is acceptable, if you know how to use it properly. If the shots are taken hastily, the subject's usually blurred, so it does take some time to get used to it to take good shots, compared to conventional film cameras.

One gripe I have is the view finder using tunnel optics. Parallax error always.

Maybe I've outgrown or maybe I want to try something new. Guess I'm ready for more...

mpenza said:
I had the 4700 before and have made great 8R prints from the pictures. Don't think there's a problem with the camera.....

Anyway, if you don't need the extra reach of the 750UZ, the C5050 with a faster lens would do well. It allows more flexibility under low light conditions without the need for flash.

I had owned both 5050 and 750. For your shooting need, I think that the 5050's large tilted LCD, AF Assist, 1.8 Lens will be much more suitable.

Hi, thanks guys for your feedback, really appreciated.

Hi guys , i would like to know how much better is 750 as compared to 740. beside 750 is 4mp and record audio. A 750 cost almost 150 more than 740 so i would like to know which cam produce sharper , more colourful pics? and in ur opinion is it worth to pay 150 more for 750 instead of 740? thanx.

c750z: recording with audio is a lot more fun. in my family there is a c5050zand a sony dsc p71, of which the latter has no audio. we record our family outings, stupid jokes and stuff. the one with audio provides more fun and laughter, and more record of your memories. with diving, though there's nothing to say, the sound of the breathing also brings out the underwater reality feeling. so, audio function is quite important. you can make MTVs out of your video clips to replace the sounds, but why limit yourself? get one with audio and you have a choice.

c5050z vs c750z: i like the lightness of c750z. and you dont have to remove the lens cap when you switch on the camera. and from the optical viewfinder you can see the settings, just like a slr. c5050z's optical viewfinder is tight and the reason it is there, is almost becos it seems not appropriate for a camera not have one. not much use. of course, i am fully dependent on the LCD so if you are like me, it is ok.
i didnt realise that c5050z lens is faster, but it does have brighter lens. and more things you can play around with. you can "grow" with the camera more than with c750z. the multiple types of cards is definitely a plus point. tilting screen is good for awkward positions or under sun glare.

Faster lens= Bigger max aperature size = Brighter lens

By the way, C750 doesnt have a optical viewfinder. It only has a electronic viewfinder

c5050 allows raw format, which could be useful to some ppl. c750 uses electric viewfinder, which i do not really like especially under low light conditions. c740 doesn't has hot shoe besides cannot record sound.

my is c750 and not much complains so far, quite happy abt it

lonelyarine said:
c5050 allows raw format, which could be useful to some ppl. c750 uses electric viewfinder, which i do not really like especially under low light conditions. c740 doesn't has hot shoe besides cannot record sound.

my is c750 and not much complains so far, quite happy abt it

If you use the lens adaptor, then EVF has the advantage of not blocked by the lens adaptor.

frisky said:
If you use the lens adaptor, then EVF has the advantage of not blocked by the lens adaptor.
Yo Frisky, u r back, how's the trip and good pic to share ;p

I'm currently using a 750, tha advantage is the small size and 10x zoom also with video clip + audio recording, also it have alot of preset mode for easy user, even ur wife or kids can use it, the disadvantage is during Low Light condition, it's not a so good camera, well it still falls on the the user la, if u r more for family shots, I think a 5050 is better, more setting to play with a brighter lens, 750 is more for maybe landscape or distance shots, I went night safari with this camera and ends up only with few clear pictures, well maybe it's my stupid hand, he..he.., cos no flash to be use in the safari.. ... :D

jasonwcs said:
Yo Frisky, u r back, how's the trip and good pic to share ;p

I'm currently using a 750, tha advantage is the small size and 10x zoom also with video clip + audio recording, also it have alot of preset mode for easy user, even ur wife or kids can use it, the disadvantage is during Low Light condition, it's not a so good camera, well it still falls on the the user la, if u r more for family shots, I think a 5050 is better, more setting to play with a brighter lens, 750 is more for maybe landscape or distance shots, I went night safari with this camera and ends up only with few clear pictures, well maybe it's my stupid hand, he..he.., cos no flash to be use in the safari.. ... :D

Quite a nice trip, might try to drop by the next seed with the photos,
still sorting them out.......

I tried to shoot some low light photo with the C5050, but with very poor results.
But got to say I am shooting a moving target, and the big issue is the C5050's response is way too slow for my liking, I could hardly get the subject in the frame. Focusing in low light is not too much of a problem though. 7hi behaves way better in this area.

i realise that too. C5050 is a bit slow when i comes to capturing pic in the dark without the flash.. i ever tried shooting at the sky in rome and it din turn out what i expected. The C4000z that i had previously, is much better in doing the nite sky.. anyway, i still like my C5050! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.