compare Nissin Di622 with Lexus SB-3000AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireZ

Deregistered
Sep 21, 2008
hi peeps...
intend to get a flash...hence nid some chip in...

compare Nissin Di622 with Lexus SB-3000AF (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490936&page=2)

which is better? withing the price aside...jus base on specs...

will be great if user who haf tried can chip in to make this a review..
thanks!

for me i would rather go for the Canon 430 EXII lor.. :)

for me i would rather go for the Canon 430 EXII lor.. :)

hi morning...
true though...but my max spending is $250 for nissin..
tat's y.......:sweat:

Oh, when i read the thread title i thought it was Nissan VS Lexus lol...

Hi TS,

I'm a Nissin Di622 user,and satisfied with the performance with it. I would say that the Nissin Di622 is slightly more powerful than the Lexus SB 3000AF. Nissin Di622 works well with my Nikon camera I-TTL function, so not much negatives comments i can find other than there is no LCD screen ;p

Regards,
ChongK.

Hi TS,

I'm a Nissin Di622 user,and satisfied with the performance with it. I would say that the Nissin Di622 is slightly more powerful than the Lexus SB 3000AF. Nissin Di622 works well with my Nikon camera I-TTL function, so not much negatives comments i can find other than there is no LCD screen ;p

Regards,
ChongK.

wow..a happy user here.....
okok...actually i also got no idea how useful the lcd screen...

btw hoh...will canon 420EX be better than Nissin Di622?

wow..a happy user here.....
okok...actually i also got no idea how useful the lcd screen...

btw hoh...will canon 420EX be better than Nissin Di622?

Hahah yes better to be happy when you spent $250 on a flash rather than to think abt its flaws all day long. Hmm LCD screen gives you more visual control over yr flash, but Nissin Di622 functions is very easy to understand,so nothing much to worry abt.

As for canon 420EX it will be better in the sense that:
-it is catered for your camera,means over/under exposure would be minimal or none.
-You will be able to do CLS(in nikon terms,not too sure wad canon term is).
-You will be able to use wireless trigger,while Nissin is unable to use wireless triggers. Only the on board flash can trigger it off.
-You won't fry your hot-shoe flash mount.
-There would be resale value
-More control when you are strobing, as you are able to adjust your aparture and f/no.

For Nissin Di622:
-Its just a basic flash.
-Not able to adjust aparture and f/no. when its off-shoe.
-Its as big as canon 580 ex ll.(In size)

Hope this helps :)

Hahah yes better to be happy when you spent $250 on a flash rather than to think abt its flaws all day long. Hmm LCD screen gives you more visual control over yr flash, but Nissin Di622 functions is very easy to understand,so nothing much to worry abt.

-it is catered for your camera,means over/under exposure would be minimal or none.
-You will be able to use wireless trigger,while Nissin is unable to use wireless triggers. Only the on board flash can trigger it off.
-More control when you are strobing, as you are able to adjust your aparture and f/no.

For Nissin Di622:
-Its just a basic flash.

i believe it gonna be helpful..jus tat i dun understand as in...i tot nissin can trigger wireless too through the optical..(pardon me...actually i dunno much abt it too)..
as for the "adjust your aparture and f/no."...er..isn't it done on the camera itself?..
sorry ar...gosh..didn't know that a buying a flash can haf so many details to take note..

Hi Bro

im a user of Nissin 622 flash. overall im happy with it's performance. basic flash,fuss free and works well with Nikon ITTL( so far np). but the only flaw to me is that i cant use the flash when im using manual lenses. i recently tested the lexus/tumax and found out that it is able to support when im using my manual lenses( planning to get it too ). The Lexus/Tumax is able to adjust the ISO/Zoom/F-stop. so it is really your choice. But nissin is built better imo. it has a better feel and quality.

My 2 cents

Cheers
Shaz

i believe it gonna be helpful..jus tat i dun understand as in...i tot nissin can trigger wireless too through the optical..(pardon me...actually i dunno much abt it too)..
as for the "adjust your aparture and f/no."...er..isn't it done on the camera itself?..
sorry ar...gosh..didn't know that a buying a flash can haf so many details to take note..

Yes able to trigger optically, but not by radio triggers.
Hmm abt the part of aparture and f/number means the zoom(Eg zoom of 40mm creates a big white light if you are bouncing the flash on the wall, and if you zoom to 100mm the white light will be more smaller) and the f/number means how fast you want your flash to be. Guess you can read more abt that on google.

Have fun ;)

Hi Bro

im a user of Nissin 622 flash. overall im happy with it's performance. basic flash,fuss free and works well with Nikon ITTL( so far np). but the only flaw to me is that i cant use the flash when im using manual lenses. i recently tested the lexus/tumax and found out that it is able to support when im using my manual lenses( planning to get it too ). The Lexus/Tumax is able to adjust the ISO/Zoom/F-stop. so it is really your choice. But nissin is built better imo. it has a better feel and quality.

My 2 cents

Cheers
Shaz

Yes able to trigger optically, but not by radio triggers.
Hmm abt the part of aparture and f/number means the zoom(Eg zoom of 40mm creates a big white light if you are bouncing the flash on the wall, and if you zoom to 100mm the white light will be more smaller) and the f/number means how fast you want your flash to be. Guess you can read more abt that on google.

Have fun ;)

hi morning....
thx for the input...
but regarding to GoheadGostern...he mentioend that it cannot work with manual lens..which mean....i cannot use manual focus or...??

to ChongK..yaya..i'll do some read up...jus that..lately quite tight up...
argh...

thanks peeps!

hi morning....
thx for the input...
but regarding to GoheadGostern...he mentioend that it cannot work with manual lens..which mean....i cannot use manual focus or...??

to ChongK..yaya..i'll do some read up...jus that..lately quite tight up...
argh...

thanks peeps!

Haha its okay take yr time to learn :)
I guess what GoheadGostern is refering to is lens that only can manual focus(no AF motor).
Correct me if i'm wrong.

But don't worry,no matter which flash you get its going to give you some fun with lighting techniques. I would say that Nissin Di622 is good as a strobe light(slave) while the canon is better for a master control. I think i would get other 3rd party flash to play with creative light system. Cos one Nikon flash is quite expensive, and using original flash does not mean you will get good results, it just gives you more flexibility and control like being able to control the flash out put thru yr camera in commander mode.

However,if you use 3rd party flash you would have to walk up to the flash and adjust the output of it :)

For Nissin Di622:
-Its just a basic flash.

420EX does not have manual power output control. It only fires on E-TTL.

420EX does not have manual power output control. It only fires on E-TTL.

Thanks for the correction, i'm not a canon user,so not too sure with their system ;p

icic....luckily..canon comes wif motor..lol...
hm..so far no comment on Lexus SB-3000AF hoh...wondering......hm....

Hi,

i just bought the tumax DPT 386 AFZ and I'm a very happy consumer. Did some shooting yesterday and I find the Tumax enough for my usage. I'm given full control of the flash i.e. i control the zoom, F-stop, ISO and exposure. It allows me swiveling up-down, left-right-360degrees. It has a nice built and feels really steady on my Nikon. For a newbie in the photography world, I do recommend using this flash as I have had the opportunity to try the Nissin Di622 and SB-600 and find my learning curve in flash photography improving way more than the other 2 mentioned flash units.

The nissin IMO lacks the ability for me to control the settings of my flash. Though at times i wish the Tumax flash is a bit more idiot proof taking settings off my camera, i still would prefer having control over my flash. It is also BIGGER than the other conventional flashes and heavier. Some might like it but i prefer one more travel friendly.

The SB-600 on the other hand has many functions and can be said to be an amateur/professional flash. I once owned one but sold it off almost immediately as i did not like the buttons and switches on the back interface of the flash. It is really up to the user on such functions.

Unlike the SB600, the Tumax flash, is easy to use with buttons for its various functions. for example, there are dedicated buttons for changing the zoom range, f-stop, exposure, e.t.c. this is just my opinion. Moreover, if you are used to using the SB600, i guess it might be easier for u but despite using it for a week almost everyday, i never got used to it.

Its a flash i would recommend to my friends. and Maybe this might help u in which flash u might want to get.

cheers

Hi,

i just bought the tumax DPT 386 AFZ and I'm a very happy consumer. Did some shooting yesterday and I find the Tumax enough for my usage. I'm given full control of the flash i.e. i control the zoom, F-stop, ISO and exposure. It allows me swiveling up-down, left-right-360degrees. It has a nice built and feels really steady on my Nikon. For a newbie in the photography world, I do recommend using this flash as I have had the opportunity to try the Nissin Di622 and SB-600 and find my learning curve in flash photography improving way more than the other 2 mentioned flash units.

The nissin IMO lacks the ability for me to control the settings of my flash. Though at times i wish the Tumax flash is a bit more idiot proof taking settings off my camera, i still would prefer having control over my flash. It is also BIGGER than the other conventional flashes and heavier. Some might like it but i prefer one more travel friendly.

The SB-600 on the other hand has many functions and can be said to be an amateur/professional flash. I once owned one but sold it off almost immediately as i did not like the buttons and switches on the back interface of the flash. It is really up to the user on such functions.

Unlike the SB600, the Tumax flash, is easy to use with buttons for its various functions. for example, there are dedicated buttons for changing the zoom range, f-stop, exposure, e.t.c. this is just my opinion. Moreover, if you are used to using the SB600, i guess it might be easier for u but despite using it for a week almost everyday, i never got used to it.

Its a flash i would recommend to my friends. and Maybe this might help u in which flash u might want to get.

cheers

wow....for a happy user....and e flash jus cost...$190?!...
cool....
but wondering....wat's the flash head size?!?!....can purchase diffuser easily especially light sphere...

btw hoh...can Lexus SB-3000AF b used as master flash?...
Lexus SB-3000AF or Nissin Di622 has higher GN no.?...unable to find much info regarding Lexus SB-3000AF through net leh..
chui..

cheers!

btw hoh...can Lexus SB-3000AF b used as master flash?...
Lexus SB-3000AF or Nissin Di622 has higher GN no.?...unable to find much info regarding Lexus SB-3000AF through net leh..
chui..

cheers!

Among all Nissin Di622 has the highest GN from my knowledge, it has a GN of 44 at ISO 100. While Lexus is only 36.(If i remember correctly) Err you can check out more abt Lexus SB-3000AF at the mass sales section,there they have a promotion for it. :)

Among all Nissin Di622 has the highest GN from my knowledge, it has a GN of 44 at ISO 100. While Lexus is only 36.(If i remember correctly) Err you can check out more abt Lexus SB-3000AF at the mass sales section,there they have a promotion for it. :)

yo bro..real thanks to u!!..been replying wif info..!!
mind i ask you...is there a major different for GN44 comparing wif GN36??...
nv play wif a flash b4...as in...played once..but..dind't notice that much since tat time i was jsu a starter(same for now though)...sad:(

Status
Not open for further replies.