Compare Digital Cameras(plz help)

but camera lens much be good right?for oly not much lens,why?canon very easy to get the equipment in singapore,in 2nd shop alot off 2nd lens..but for olympus very2 hard to get...i just need ur advice...

I suggest you visit http://dpreview.com and use the "side-by-side comparison" function to decide better . The features will specifically describe and which fulfil your needs , you choose it .

but camera lens much be good right?for oly not much lens,why?canon very easy to get the equipment in singapore,in 2nd shop alot off 2nd lens..but for olympus very2 hard to get...i just need ur advice...

1)Camera lens much(i suppose its must?) be good right?
-Every DSLR needs a lens to take photos...

2)For Oly not much lens right?
-Oly,Pentax and Sony don't have much lenses.But there are still many people in the world still using these systems.

3)Canon very easy to get the equipment in Sin,but for Oly very2 hard to get?
-I don't think so.Just go to any recommended camera shops and you'll find Oly inside.

I have not come across anyone who owns both systems.

Quite a number of people do la.

Systems in my family dry babs (I share with my dad):

Hasselblad XPAN
Contax G
Nikon F Ais
Nikon F AFD/AFS
Fujifilm (but technically also Nikon F mount)

My Fuji is FinePix S200EXR leh. More like pns but with dslr looks...hehehe...:bsmilie:

Ohhh. I have the S9500 as well. And I used to have the S7000 too, just gave it away last month. But these type of cameras are not really considered a "system" la.

today i try to find olympus item at funan digital mall (lens 14-35mm and vertical grip) but alot of shop say no stok,so difficult to get and blah blah blah..and i ask for canon lens n all the gear they say for that brand very very easy to get in singapore.coz that brand better n alot in singapore..at 4/3 forum alot people talk about pen only not about DSLR...to me pen like normal camera..

today i try to find olympus item at funan digital mall (lens 14-35mm and vertical grip) but alot of shop say no stok,so difficult to get and blah blah blah..and i ask for canon lens n all the gear they say for that brand very very easy to get in singapore.coz that brand better n alot in singapore..at 4/3 forum alot people talk about pen only not about DSLR...to me pen like normal camera..

Olympus Pen is Micro-Four Thirds.It's a new(ok not that new) system which offers interchangeable lens but lighter and more compact than a DSLR.

You should browse the four thirds forum:)

along84, I see your concerns.

1. Quality of Picture Output
2. Quality of Lens
3. Effectiveness of System (Image Stabiliser etc)
4. Availability of equipment

For Quality of Picture Output, I have not use either camera. I used an older E3 before, hell the colour is more neutral than your entry level Canon. E30 is similar (being newer) in a way, close to E3 but not identical in my observations. There is a Vietnam photographer whom I met said that Canon's 40D cannot take colour photos. He saw many wedding photos by Canon using the XXD range in black and white only. Not sure if 7D is affected now.

For Quality of Lens, believes there is no comparison between mid and lower end lens. Canon is easily out of the picture with 7D. Do not believe? Just try them out. For top grade lens, it depends on what you shoot. Canon does not have something comparable to Olympus' 7-14mm/F4. The 35-100mm/F2 from Olympus is one of the crazily sharp lens. Talk about the vignetting, anyone?

For Effectiveness of the systems, I believe both have their advantages. In Body IS for E System, Swiveling LCD, Dust Buster System ever so effective. Canon I do not know, will have good points of its system as well.

For availability, have you ever wonder why Canon is so easily available? Quality over Quantity theory is one. Canon started off earlier and their market share is bigger. This should not deter you to create stunning photos. Patience is something missing in many good photographers' mind nowadays. If one cannot even wait for a chef to prepare a proper meal, what one can do is to get McDonald 24/7 Home Delivery at your comfort.

Hi Along84, have you tried searching for the said lens at Funan Harvey Norman? I am most sure you did not because i know i have seen them having quite a number of collections last week. If money is really not an issue then they do have the 14-35 F2 and also the 50-200 SWD.

If you are an item collector that die die must own every single lens and accessories out there from which ever manufacturer you like, then i suggest you better go for canon since they have ALOT of accessories and lenses to choose from and of course it doesn't matter to you paying much more for lenses that have Image stabilizers right.:)

I only own 3 ZD lenses, 14-54 mk2, 50mm F2 and the 50-200 and its more than enough to cover every range that i need for events and portraits. I drool thinking of the 7-14mm F4. What is important is quality, not quantity. Be smart.:)

p/s: If i salesman and my shop got too many stock of one brand, i will also say the thing is good and cheat people to buy it so that i can earn faster.

Last edited: