Company in USA dat does IR-mod to DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the info, I think there is someone here in our forum capable of doing it and have already done it on his D70 if I recall correctly.

A camera just solely for IR, hmmm... I personally think not good idea... not too difficult to just add a filter what..

../azul123

confirm there's someone who can do it here in sg.

azul123, i think we are talking about the same person who did it to his d70.

azul123 said:
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the info, I think there is someone here in our forum capable of doing it and have already done it on his D70 if I recall correctly.

A camera just solely for IR, hmmm... I personally think not good idea... not too difficult to just add a filter what..

../azul123

Hi azul have not seen you for a long time. Anytime you're free, join us again in another shoot.

Having a dedicated/modified camera for IR has its advantages. The main one being able to shoot at higher shutter speeds thus capable of freezing actions.

Deadpixel is the pioneer in modifying his D70 for IR only here in Sg. A few others here hasve also had their D70 modified and are very happy with it. I think it's good to have a modified camera for IR if it's justifiable by the usage of the camera.

Tomcat is another who has a modified Sony P&S capable of capturing good and stunning IR shots. Being a P&S, it also able to shoot IR in video mode. He has posted a thread here with a sample of his IR Video.

So depends on one's usage and how deep his pocket is, it's good to have a modified IR camera.

I'm still waiting to be able to afford another body before I modify my D70 :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:
came across this article in Luminous Landscape abt IR-mod DSLRs

http://luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/infrared dslr.shtml

perhaps, those interested can check out the company in USA? do remember to do wat Michael Reichmann suggested wrt the custom declaration forms, if u are sending ur cam to them. :)

http://www.maxmax.com/OpticalProducts.htm
Waaahhhh!! :eek:

US$450 to do a conversion??? And Lifepixel is asking for US$250.

Man!! I should start charging for the conversions I'm doing...if I had followed MaxMax's pricing, I'd be US$4500 richer now. :bsmilie:

O well, maybe when this stops being just a hobby for me I'll think of charging...hee! :devil:

Cheers,
Matt

teerex said:
Hi azul have not seen you for a long time. Anytime you're free, join us again in another shoot.

Having a dedicated/modified camera for IR has its advantages. The main one being able to shoot at higher shutter speeds thus capable of freezing actions.

Deadpixel is the pioneer in modifying his D70 for IR only here in Sg. A few others here hasve also had their D70 modified and are very happy with it. I think it's good to have a modified camera for IR if it's justifiable by the usage of the camera.

Tomcat is another who has a modified Sony P&S capable of capturing good and stunning IR shots. Being a P&S, it also able to shoot IR in video mode. He has posted a thread here with a sample of his IR Video.

So depends on one's usage and how deep his pocket is, it's good to have a modified IR camera.

I'm still waiting to be able to afford another body before I modify my D70 :bsmilie:
Hi Teerex,
Ya lah... now got camera but cannot take IR, :sweatsm: can't go get another one without CFO noticing and will surely make noise one. :bsmilie: , also Dry cabinet no space liow.

Nowadays, IR forum not just IR anymore, you guys have gone a notch higher with blending colours, which in my opinion is way so much nicer than just plain IR. That's what I think anyway.

Always looking forward to seeing the photos from IR forum, man... that's what I call fun.

../azul123

DIY filter replacement , do you buy from lifepixel custom made or cut the glass diy.?
Please advise.

azul123 said:
Hi Teerex,
Ya lah... now got camera but cannot take IR, :sweatsm: can't go get another one without CFO noticing and will surely make noise one. :bsmilie: , also Dry cabinet no space liow.

Nowadays, IR forum not just IR anymore, you guys have gone a notch higher with blending colours, which in my opinion is way so much nicer than just plain IR. That's what I think anyway.

Always looking forward to seeing the photos from IR forum, man... that's what I call fun.

../azul123

Why got camera but cannot shoot IR?

The color blending was started by Photoexpress, I like it too.

azul123 said:
Nikon D200.

../azul123

Wah good for you, got the 18-200VR as well?

How the performance?

teerex said:
Wah good for you, got the 18-200VR as well?

How the performance?
Ok lah, no regrets I should say, except a tad dissappointed cannot do IR... generally, I am happy with it.

As for 18-200VR, I have it on reserved. Don't know when it will be available, hopes it's soon.

../azul123

too troublesome

might as well save time and buy a PnS that can do IR

Status
Not open for further replies.