Company Event Shoot Market Rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
I was tasked to shoot for my company Christmas Lunch event mainly on the group
photos of the customers.
Quite a few groups i can say and some of the events shots..
Photos need some processing if needed & to print on 4R size..
I was asked to submit my photo shoot rate for my company finance approval.
Anybody can advise what rate for this type of shoot?
Drop me a PM if you do not wish to post here.
Thanks.

Last edited:
that is very nice of your company to offer to pay you to cover their event
go by the hour and give them a discount as you do not need to take leave in order to moonlight

that is very nice of your company to offer to pay you to cover their event
go by the hour and give them a discount as you do not need to take leave in order to moonlight

I been doing FOC for the past 2 years.. now they want something better and
I told them got to pay liao..
times are bad.. cannot always FOC..

The lunch event last around 2hr..
SO what rate should I quote..:think:

i was thinking maybe about 30% lower than your usual rate?

Ranging from $50/hr onwards depending on how you like to charge, as for company wise, quote may be higher if you want.

*remember to be contented for the rate you set, dun regret and expect much more for the following year.
**your colleagues may also need some service from you too... so set yr rate carefully.

Last edited:
There are 2 ways of looking at it in this situation.

One way is to look strictly from a pro point of view and charge market pro rates $120 - $150 an hour or more depending on how much you command in the market. My point of view is that it is Not advisable for you to do that. Cos, you are (after all) still an employee at your company and is still receiving salary on the day you are taking pictures there. Unless you take leave and do it. Got my drift?

You may then have to look at it not as a pro photog point of view.

From a employer point of view you are still paid(assuming) your normal wages on the day you are taking photo. As such probably your employer would expect a token sort of fees for the "extra" work and personal equipment used for the company.

So the token is up to you to decide - FOC to $xxx what ever you think is politically correct to gain some favour from your boss (in trying times like this I would prefer to chalk more points - from a pragmatic view) :)

There are 2 ways of looking at it in this situation.

One way is to look strictly from a pro point of view and charge market pro rates $120 - $150 an hour or more depending on how much you command in the market. My point of view is that it is Not advisable for you to do that. Cos, you are (after all) still an employee at your company and is still receiving salary on the day you are taking pictures there. Unless you take leave and do it. Got my drift?

You may then have to look at it not as a pro photog point of view.

From a employer point of view you are still paid(assuming) your normal wages on the day you are taking photo. As such probably your employer would expect a token sort of fees for the "extra" work and personal equipment used for the company.

So the token is up to you to decide - FOC to $xxx what ever you think is politically correct to gain some favour from your boss (in trying times like this I would prefer to chalk more points - from a pragmatic view) :)

Thanks for the advise. I will apply the employer point of view..:)
Just gotten info that the committee had settled aside of $500 for the photo taking
including the printing of around 60pcs 4R...:bigeyes:
I will just charge a token will do..;p

Status
Not open for further replies.