Company D&D

huh? then his group shots leh? he was specifically asking about table shots.. 50mm on a DX body.. :bigeyes:
PJ style is IN thing now, shoot f1.8 with no flash for group photos, or else people start call you uncle.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

PJ style is IN thing now, shoot f1.8 with no flash for group photos, or else people start call you uncle.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Eh uncle Benjamin... :bsmilie:

PJ style is one thing, you shoot group photo at f/1.8 is madness... you shoot one person or many... or you ask them line up in straight line... somemore the focal length 50 (75mm) on DX.. I cannot image you stand how far back to shoot 1 table with 8 people :sweat:

knpan - I usually stop down to f/4 for group shots so I don't think the 18-105mm is going to be an issue at 18mm. I believe it's f/3.5 at that end right?

And why aperture too slow at 18mm? At telephoto end won't it be even slower :dunno:

Hi,
That is why i told TS that he can use the 18-105mm wth external flash, but keep it at the 18-35mm range maximum, more zoom then the picture will look horrible with that small aperture and direct flash. For 18mm or wide angles zooms F4 is ok, as shutter dont need to go that fast, anything slower than f4 is considerd slow to me in this kind of lighting

:thumbsup: