CompactDrive PD70X

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunkyspunky

May 1, 2006
Singapore
Where can I buy a CompactDrive PD70X Portable Storage Device in Singapore? How much would one be? Thanks.

Experiences to share ?

yah... get it at eastgear....

I use the predecessor to the PD70x and is satisified with it... very useful for travelling :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hey guys... i went to +bb at SLS. bought my compactdrive pd-70x with 100gb at $362. eastgear quoted me $450.

anyway, how come it took almost 5 minutes to transfer 1GB of stuff from my CF card? the salesguy told me about 1 minute... basket...

can anyone enlighten me on how to spped up the transfer? tks.

I believe your CF card speed plays a part in the transfer rate too.
What make and speed is your card?

ipin said:
I believe your CF card speed plays a part in the transfer rate too.
What make and speed is your card?
i rented a whole camera package. the CF card was actually an SD card in a CF converter! i don't know the speed etc.... Cos i returned the camera already! anyway, abit OT here, but i rented canon 30D from rockscar18. his rates are real good, and great service. i got first hand experience of his rental service. :thumbsup:

so do you really get a transfer time of 1 minute for a 1GB CF card? :dunno:

I dun own one, but I have seen it in operation. Yes 1Gb in approx a minute. :D

aErOpLaNe said:
i rented a whole camera package. the CF card was actually an SD card in a CF converter!

That explains it, bec of the CF converter, it does slow down the transfer rate from your SD card to the PD70X. ;)

aErOpLaNe said:
hey guys... i went to +bb at SLS. bought my compactdrive pd-70x with 100gb at $362. eastgear quoted me $450.

anyway, how come it took almost 5 minutes to transfer 1GB of stuff from my CF card? the salesguy told me about 1 minute... basket...

not a tech wiz here, but EG sells with "Samsung or Hitachi 5400rpm 8MB cache hard disk", which might justify the higher price, and correspond with the higher write speed - is your HD the same one?

Cactus jACK said:
not a tech wiz here, but EG sells with "Samsung or Hitachi 5400rpm 8MB cache hard disk", which might justify the higher price, and correspond with the higher write speed - is your HD the same one?
well.. i opened my compactdrive, and it's what was promised. samsung 100gb 5400rpm 8M pata.

maybe eastgear's got good offers on everything else but compactdrive... the funny thing is... they are the distributors of compactdrive!

and i must say... eastgear's price for rechargeables is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !! especially the maha 2500.

Eastgear is distributor...must sell at RRP...otherwise who else would... :)

aErOpLaNe said:

Hi, may I know if you have any idea how much does the casing alone costs? and also which floor is this +bb located in SLS? TIA.

_KL_ said:
Hi, may I know if you have any idea how much does the casing alone costs? and also which floor is this +bb located in SLS? TIA.
+bb is a shop selling pdas on SLS 4th and 5th floor. they selling it $189 alone. not a bad deal. i bought from this soft-spoken salesman named wong. can look for him la. but i tried to bargain, then he dun wanna reduce price.

and actually, compactdrive didn't live up to my initial expectation because it was abit troublesome to use at first. then i got to know it. then i got to love it. it's been with me now for 5 days! very useful.

i think i kinda like +bb.

You have the number for this +bb shop? Is this some codeword or something? I can't find that shop...

Vulpix0r said:
You have the number for this +bb shop? Is this some codeword or something? I can't find that shop...
er... cannot be leh. it's not at a corner. it's not in some ulu place. and the name is really +bb.

wait i go find my receipt for u...

ok.
#04-58 SLS
Tel: 6336 1646

look for wong. very nice, soft spoken guy. but if you're hard on hearing...

ok... now i see the receipt then i know. +bb actually means bits and bytes...

yup,tats very useful for travel... my 1GB sd take3minutes to transfer... quite fast... :)

Do u all use SD cards on the Compact Drive 70X? I find it scratches SD cards.. At least after I used my friend's one. ;( CF cards look ok.

Dunno why but there are lots of pins near the entrance of the SD card slot. So I think they cause the scratches. Don't see them in the SD card reader I'm using...

Status
Not open for further replies.