Compact Flash ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwloo

Jan 21, 2002
Visit site
Been doing a bit of research on the type of CF card and the speed of it

Below brand is the quite good and fast compare to others ...

128MB
---------
TRANSCEND $130 - Superpet
Ridate $95 - AP (currently out of stock in AP)
NCP $99 - Vox, SLS 6th floor (not very sure )

I'm not too sure about NCP speed but remember someone said that it's fast also
anymore input from the rest of the user ?

anyone know where can get the Ridata @ about the same price ? AP is out of 128MB Ridata

Originally posted by cwloo
anyone know where can get the Ridata @ about the same price ? AP is out of 128MB Ridata
If you're willing to shell out $10 more, try A Computer at the 5th level of SLS.

I have the Conquest (8x) 128MB and RiData (20x) 256MB. The RiData one seems to be significantly faster than the Conquest one during the file writing process. Could conduct an proper test when I have time.

heard that NCP is like 24x and 36x when write & read.
But again, no independent source prove it .. and their "x" dont have a standard to base on.

Wow! RiData is really fast according to the charts! No wonder I don't feel much lag now....

yes, RIdata is faster compare to others .. but someone say NCP is even faster than Ridate, but no one do some test on that.

Anyway, NCP is a lot more expensive than Ridate , 95 vs 130 , I rather buy more Ridata.

Is NCP more expensive? I remembered seeing 256MB NCP going for $189 at Vox. RiData 256MB costs $195.

AP got stock already .. went in yesterday and saw they have about 10 of them ..
bought one myself @ 95

Originally posted by Flare

Transcend cards has the cover. But it wouldn't work with my D5... Now siting in my reader as a 64meg harddisk.. hahahah

You didn't check before you buy?

You cn sell it if you want before the price drop further.

;p tell them you have a few friends who bought it for $95. some people were quoted $120 for it, so $100 is an okay price.

Originally posted by binbeto

You didn't check before you buy?

You cn sell it if you want before the price drop further.

It worked fine at the beginning.... Then after that I start to get corrupted images.... Next it crashes my camera. Finally, I can't use it. Works fine on my computer tho and its still Using the FAT system... SO I guess its a compatibility issue. I've seen some guy reporting this problem with the D7 as well.

where are good (reputable/honest/helpful) places in singapore to get cf card and other photo accessories from?

Status
Not open for further replies.