Compact flash for D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple K

Mar 31, 2004
Hi,
Able to advise which is better between Lexar 40X WA Vs Sandisk Ultra 2 flash card?

Thanks!

Speed: Sandisk

Price: Lexar

You decide :)

for a D70 any CF is good. cuz the buffer and the IO circuits are way above the rest of the cameras.

Frankly speaking, any decent CF cards will do fine in almost all digital cameras. Of course, we will always prefer more for less money, but at the end of the day, how many people actually shoot at maximum fps all/most the time? And how often would you need that?

Imagine each image multiplied by 9... Do you really have the need for speed? The appeal of these cards is just like computers. All want fastest possible, but most play casual games and chat with it...

Personally, I think I shot at full speed only once or twice. And one was to test my new Twinmos 70x card out of curiosity. My conclusion after the test was, why bother... I don't need the high speed. I take only 3-4 continuous frames at most anyway. Even my slowest Hagiwara 64MB card can do the job :bsmilie:

Go for quality. Durability is more important than speed in most cases.

Lexar, you get almost the same speed as Sandisk even though the Sandisk is faster due to WA but at a cheaper price. If you can wait, 80x Lexar will be out in a few days time. Not sure about price now.

:) Thanks for info given.

Triple K said:
Hi,
Able to advise which is better between Lexar 40X WA Vs Sandisk Ultra 2 flash card?

Thanks!

Hello ! You cant really feel the different on both cards.Coz is too fast liao.
Get lexar better..cheap + recovery software..Why not!

Status
Not open for further replies.