Status
Not open for further replies.

jasphotography

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
Do you own a compact film camera?

If no, why not?
If yes, why & what brand?

Do you always carry the compact camera with you and occasionally capture the unexpected once in a lifetime moments?

Or, you simply don't carry a compact with you at all times despite you have one. If so, why you bought the camera in the first place?

There's another good reason you have not mentioned.

Compact P&S film cameras usually have active autofocus using infrared beams. When loaded with fast film (eg ISO 3200), you can take well focused shots in near total darkness. Great for night photography using available light.

Originally posted by Freed
It was bought before I started to take a interest in photography, just for family events, like birthdays, and also for holidays overseas.

Do you carry both your main gear and the compact camera for holiday?

I have been thinking if one day I were to travel to a third world country or one that is politically unstable, should I bring my big guns out fearing every moment my head or arms will be chopped off? :cry:

So, that is when my expensive but look-cheap compact camera comes useful :D

Originally posted by jasphotography
Do you carry both your main gear and the compact camera for holiday?

I have been thinking if one day I were to travel to a third world country or one that is politically unstable, should I bring my big guns out fearing every moment my head or arms will be chopped off? :cry:

So, that is when my expensive but look-cheap compact camera comes useful :D

Better stick to the compacts...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030408/241/3qq1r.html&e=13&ncid=705

Originally posted by Larry
300mm f/2.8L if i not wrong...

Wow you can tell one ehhh. can you also tell what blood type is it? A? O? B+? :D

Ricoh GR10 (same lens as GR1v, but no manual mode)

Bought it because I am curious as how good is the lens going to be (after hearing so many good comments on the GR1v). Give sharp photos if use it correctly (still experiencing), when sharp...it is very sharp...

I love the metal feel and electronic outlined viewfinder. :)

Is Ricoh GR1v considered one? I own a Gr1v and bought it for the purpose of Travel PNS.

Originally posted by Jason Ho
Is Ricoh GR1v considered one? I own a Gr1v and bought it for the purpose of Travel PNS.

Of course the Ricoh GR1v is considered one. Used to have 2 GR1s (1 black 1 titanium) myself. Sold one last year and one few months ago... actually now left with few accessories (Ricoh filter adapter and various 30.5mm filters - polariser, UV, ND, FLD) for my previously owned GR1s.

Anyone interested?

Wow you can tell one ehhh. can you also tell what blood type is it? A? O? B+? :D
it's O+ blood.... universal donor.

ok ok sorry, bad pun/joke. ;p

Of course the Ricoh GR1v is considered one. Used to have 2 GR1s (1 black 1 titanium) myself. Sold one last year and one few months ago... actually now left with few accessories (Ricoh filter adapter and various 30.5mm filters - polariser, UV, ND, FLD) for my previously owned GR1s.

Anyone interested?

Does the adapter fit on GR1v?

For events like grad night, of course..
Who would think of lugging my SLR over and spoiling my make up and image?
Besides, it fits in my small evening bag.
What more do I need?

*does the bimbotic fluffing up of hair* :bsmilie:

i got a 3D compact camera, uses 3 lenses
1 split image camera, just brought in HK,
1 lomo 4 lens type
1 normal p&S film camera with Aperture control.
1 hoga

more film compacts cameras than DSLR.

Carry a handy camera around at all times..just in case I need to snap some interesting stuffs ;p

jasphotography said:
Or, you simply don't carry a compact with you at all times despite you have one. If so, why you bought the camera in the first place?

Soon this will no longer be a problem.
When handphones have 8 MegaPixel capability.
Most people will always have a compact camera with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.