Compact Drive PD7X - Kapoof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmax

Nov 22, 2003
Aiya...:cry: My PD7X casing (bought in Nov 04) has gone crazy. After my trip to HK recently, data were corrupted and now cannot format my hard disk. I brought the hd to the agent and they were able to format it to FAT32 for me. I tried to format it again at home and again it failed. Is there a way to format it without using the s/w provided? I cannot do it using disk management.

*Shucks*

What other reliable not-made-in taiwan and china brands are there out there? Damned sian.

i think you need to use the s/w to format. I tried last time without the s/w but unsuccessful

wat is s/w.. i using other brand 2.5inch..hdd formatted by agent.. if this thing happen how can i DIY..

Any recommendations of a reliable portable hd & CF card tranfer gadget (not made in taiwan and china)?

Why don't you try buying enough "normal" speed CF cards to last you for the entire trip? The "normal" speed ones are quite affordable.

jumbocrab said:
Why don't you try buying enough "normal" speed CF cards to last you for the entire trip? The "normal" speed ones are quite affordable.

Not quite possible unless you shoot in jpeg... esp. if you backpack for a couple of weeks. For me I use a compact vaio laptop when I go overseas... no problems there. And I don't use anything other den Sandisk Ultra II. Haha I'm not working for them or being paid to advertise... just that they're fast and reliable and I won't settle for less... the alternatives aren't that much cheaper but the perfromance difference is significant.

I shoot raw. And each raw file in my D100 is 9+ MB. My cards (3 GB) can take only 300 photos. I am really hoping to get those better and reliable portable hard drives with CF card slot.

How many GB do you think you will need for your trip? These days, CF cards are less than $100 per GB. Besides, the CF format will be around for quite some time more, so your investment will be protected. Since you already have 3GB, the additional amount you spend on CF may not be significantly more than a new portable hard drive.

jumbocrab said:
How many GB do you think you will need for your trip? These days, CF cards are less than $100 per GB. Besides, the CF format will be around for quite some time more, so your investment will be protected. Since you already have 3GB, the additional amount you spend on CF may not be significantly more than a new portable hard drive.

That is true, very true. Well, my family has decided to go to US at the end of this year. I guess I can shoot JPEG, which my cards are good enough for 3,000 pics. But I still prefer to shoot RAW though :sweat: .

Till then, I will just take my time to look around. Those EPSON P-2000 with screens are good as at least I can confirm the pics are there and uncorrupted. Problem is they are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.