Compact Digital Camera lense dirty?? What to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fibonacci

Oct 21, 2007
Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this at the correct directory. Pls tell me if I need to post this eslewhere :)

The problem in short is a small kid touches the lense of my compact digital camera and since them i also notice that while taking pictures there's always a small dark spot on the lcd (not dead pixel but i read somewhere and tink it's something like dirt on the sensor). I'm not sure if they're co related but I need advices on what i should do. I tink i'll make a mess if i were to attempt to clean off the fingerprint/dirt myself. Should I go back to the service centre or is it ok to let any shops do the cleaning? Or should i even be bothered with them??

Thanks.

Dirt on the lens will not affect the sensor. Maybe you can try to clean off the dirt on the lens first then see how it goes.

Thanks for ur fast reply!

but the lenses of the digi cam is so small (unlike slr) so i doubt i'll be able to clean it nicely.. so meaning tt if i'm able to clean abit and the final images taken does not get affected then it should be fine??

Thanks for ur fast reply!

but the lenses of the digi cam is so small (unlike slr) so i doubt i'll be able to clean it nicely.. so meaning tt if i'm able to clean abit and the final images taken does not get affected then it should be fine??

Yup. I think it's the dirt on your cam's lens & not your cam's sensor that's causing the spot. Have you tried printing a picture to see if the dark spot is there?

Lenspen could be your answer. They have tips small enough pns lens. Or you could jolly well use a spectacles cleaning cloth to clean off the spot.

i bought the lenspen and found it to be quite useful to clean of the prints on the lens!

but after cleaning the lens i still see the dark spot when shooting an image.. however the final image does not reflect the dark spot.. so it should be fine?? or should i do something abt it??

thanks kruger and Galdor for replying and sorry for my late reply:)

Status
Not open for further replies.