Compact digicam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyham

Nov 4, 2003
Hi there,

This qn has probably been raised before but I wud like some suggestions on which camera to get for my overseas trip. Simple reqt.

1. Pocket sized
2. 3-4 MP
3. SGD 500-600
4. 3X digital zoom
5. CF / SD

Came across some potentials-

Canon Ixus II
Panasonic DMC-FX1
Pentax Optio S40
Nikon Coolpix 3700
Konica Minolta Dimage Xg
Any other suggestions? I prefer not to touch Fuji.

wats wrong with fuji? :think:

some ppl dun like the "fuji colour" for digital cams :p at least i think it looks weird.. no offence :p

Canon ixus II... somehow the images turn out soft 7/10 times...at least from the holiday shots that came out of my friend's camera.

coolpix 3700 the images have an unatural colour tone at times as well.

The rest I have no experience with them. These two cameras I know becuz they were brought by my friends to my recent australia trip, and looking at 500+ images from the nikon 3700, 300+ from a fuji F700 and 600+ images from a canon ixus II, the above conclusions were drawn.

Yes I dont really like the greenish-yellow tinge from my S5000. But at the same time, I don't want to bring the G5 along, so looking for a pocket-sized one.

happyham said:
Hi there,

This qn has probably been raised before but I wud like some suggestions on which camera to get for my overseas trip. Simple reqt.

1. Pocket sized
2. 3-4 MP
3. SGD 500-600
4. 3X digital zoom
5. CF / SD

Came across some potentials-

Canon Ixus II
Panasonic DMC-FX1
Pentax Optio S40
Nikon Coolpix 3700
Konica Minolta Dimage Xg
Any other suggestions? I prefer not to touch Fuji.

if you are looking at the pentax S40, you might as well look at the 4MP Pentax S4i. Even smaller. In fact, its probably the SMALLEST zoom digicam ever. And light too, at 120g. It's the ultimate in size and weight.

more than 600?

happyham said:
Yes I dont really like the greenish-yellow tinge from my S5000. But at the same time, I don't want to bring the G5 along, so looking for a pocket-sized one.

Wah, so rich. You must have a mini gold mountain in your back yard. :bsmilie:

hahaha...no,no. i m in the process of selling away my S5000

hmmm? my f420 dun have any greenish yellow thingy? its a all silver cam....hmmm? palm sized. :p

jonlou said:
hmmm? my f420 dun have any greenish yellow thingy? its a all silver cam....hmmm? palm sized. :p

Huh? Was referring to the pic output.

Status
Not open for further replies.