Compact camera with swivel screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

elletwins

Jan 30, 2009
I am looking for a compact camera with swivel screen.
Any recommendations?

I am looking for a compact camera with swivel screen.
Any recommendations?
The last one i know of was the Canon Powershot G6, but it's four generations old and out of production.

I use a Nikon S10. Before that I used a Nikon S4.

It's not perfect, but it's pocketable (if you wear baggier pants) has a bright 2.5 inch screen and has x10 zoom. Video is 640x480 @30fps. I find the photos to be generally good as I dont expect dslr flawless quality. Battery has a good life. Havent run out of juice yet when I go on 2-3 day trips. Estimate good for 250-350 photos easy.

If you have a look at the photo of the camera, the camera is split roughly 60/40, so you can swivel the entire LCD 180 degrees (it turns 270 degrees) and essentially point the camera "backwards", so you can easily take self photos.

Downside is the focussing is slow and sometimes hunts. Also the focal length starts at 38mm, so it's harder to take group photos or close ups, as against the latest wide angle compacts which start at 24mm.

This camera is more than 2 years old, so not sure it is still available. But i still have mine and bring it with me almost every trip.

Sorry if this is too wordy. Hope this helps :)

bridge cameras usually come with swivel lcds. dont see a lot of compacts having this feature now.

Status
Not open for further replies.