Compact Camera that runs on AA batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

edin97

Apr 25, 2007
Hi,

I'm a newbie here. I'm looking for a compact camera that runs on AA batteries to put in the car in case of use during car accident. Any recommendations? Don't have to be top of the grade, just something good and cheap and run on AA batt.

Thanks!

If you do a search in the forum, you'll find that many of canon's A series run on AA.

Hi,

I'm a newbie here. I'm looking for a compact camera that runs on AA batteries to put in the car in case of use during car accident. Any recommendations? Don't have to be top of the grade, just something good and cheap and run on AA batt.

Thanks!
panasonic lz8. less then $170.

Last edited:
Powershot A2100IS

Fuji A150

Coolpix L20

Olympus FE45

Lumix LZ10

Get Panasonic LZ8
8MP
5x optical Zoom and have OIS
runs on 2xAA batt

and very good price at only $170.
:)

I think a camera phone would serve you better. Do you want to leave your batt with the camera or carry the batt around or leave the batt in the car? By the time you need it, the batt maybe leaking already, if you leave it in the car or cam.

In the event of an accident, you will need to conserve HP batteries for calls. Unless like me, I keep more than a handful of backup batteries. HP cams doesn't work too well during the night too, you'll need a P&S that comes with flash. Recommendations are given, I have went through accidents, keeping a cam in the car is wise.

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I'm looking for a compact camera that runs on AA batteries to put in the car in case of use during car accident. Any recommendations? Don't have to be top of the grade, just something good and cheap and run on AA batt.

Thanks!
If you do not mind the cost, I would actually recommend a couple of dashboard and rear-view cameras that runs off the car battery with 24/7 recording capability. Mine was given and installed by my car dealer, and it managed to send a guy into prison for thief. The video footage will also proof extremely useful during investigation of any traffic accident that you might be involve in.

Mine two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.