Compact Camera recommendation HELP!

pokechen

May 23, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am going travelling this summer and would like to invest in a good compact camera. Wonder if anyone has any suggestions - here are some of the features I would like it to have aside from the usual "basic" requirements of having good resolution/pixels/etc etc

1. Flip screen LCD
2. Wide angle capabilities
3. Beautiful colours of the pictures

My budget is about SGD$600 tops! The lower the better but i dont want to compromise on quality.

Many many many thanks!!!!

Rx100 marki/ii. Mark I has no flip screen but the second version has. If you stretch your budget a little, can get the mark ii version used for around 700.

Else, without the tilt screen, I recommend x20, mx1.

Last edited:
3. Beautiful colours of the pictures

Many many many thanks!!!!
Beautiful colours start from scene with good lighting and subjects with vibrant colors, if don't have,
just push the color saturation setting in camera all the way up.

Rx100 marki/ii. Mark I has no flip screen but the second version has. If you stretch your budget a little, can get the mark ii version used for around 700.

Else, without the tilt screen, I recommend x20, mx1.

Thank you for your recommendation! I checked mark II out but it doesn't tilt all the way? I was looking for a self-portrait sort of tilt screen because I was planning a solo trip to europe and it would be very useful! (+ the wide angle)

I was looking at Sony NEX 3N or Sony NEX 5N, does anyone have any experience with them??

They come in 16-50mm lens which (i think ) is pretty wide angle?

Or the Olympus TG-850

Beautiful colours start from scene with good lighting and subjects with vibrant colors, if don't have,
just push the color saturation setting in camera all the way up.

I see! Thanks for the tip!

Thank you for your recommendation! I checked mark II out but it doesn't tilt all the way? I was looking for a self-portrait sort of tilt screen because I was planning a solo trip to europe and it would be very useful! (+ the wide angle)

I was looking at Sony NEX 3N or Sony NEX 5N, does anyone have any experience with them??

They come in 16-50mm lens which (i think ) is pretty wide angle?

Or the Olympus TG-850

I see! Thanks for the tip!

If budget allows it... go for the Sony NEX 3N or 5N and forgets about Olympus TG-850.