Compact Camera Need Recommendations!! Thanks!

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Hi guys,

Any recommendations on for Compact cameras?
Want to get something for my parents short holiday! Something light & idiot proof with as good a quality as possible. ;);)
Open Budget.

Thanks so much!

Hi guys,

Any recommendations on for Compact cameras?
Want to get something for my parents short holiday! Something light & idiot proof with as good a quality as possible. ;);)
Open Budget.

Thanks so much!

If you don't state your budget, nobody can advise you. Any of the Sony, Canon and Panasonic cams that fit your budget are ok. Just go to SLR Revo, Harvey Norman, Courts, and pick one.

Hi, Raskhae
hmm, anything from a couple of hundred to a thousand? I'm pretty out-of-touch with the market at present. Would like to get them something decent, just wana hear some recommendations. Been surfing the net, ones like canon s95, olympus xz1 standout.
Anyone using the leica V-Lux 30?

Thanks much!

Have you read the following article from cnet asia:

Smart camera guide for seniors?

Even if the recommendations are not that great, you can get some idea on what features to look out for.

FYI, one of the cameras recommended Fujifilm F550EXR has very rich features and can be quite complicated. Have not tried the auto modes but I use the Program mode with my own custom settings for most shots and they turn out fine. The only occasion the Program mode and the 2 auto modes don't work is in the dark--I don't mean low-light, but in the DARK--e.g. indoor concerts, museum displays in extremely dim light and night landscapes.