Compact cam after DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammie

Jun 29, 2004
Tiong Bahru
Just started on an DSLR and I found that my F31FD was getting under use. :(
Do you still use them for other situation?

I have my Ixus wireless for short clip (temporarily before I get a DV) and also some family dinner stuffs.

Just started on an DSLR and I found that my F31FD was getting under use. :(
Do you still use them for other situation?

I put my compact in my bag or pouch for "ad-hoc" purpose. :)

My compact was originally for sch project, but now, just for the ad-hoc purposes. :)

you can always bring it out as a small backup if you are lazy to bring your dslr along.
some more is an extinct fuji model...if you put it up for sale sure got ppl buy 1.

My Coolipix P5100 is always in my laptop bag and accompanies me and my family on weekends. With 2 youngs kids, it is usually very cumbersome to bring along my DSLR on when I go out on weekends.

and I often use it to take food shots when eating out.

I would normally bring my DSLR or prosumer with me when I'm out and my compact PnS has been used by my wife since.

for me, DSLR is when i planned to go out to shoot, other outings just my ixus... :)

I got my L14 for times when I cannot carry my D50 and gear. I still do bring them both out for trips and walk around. My 3 yr old daughter uses the L14 quite alot...;) Its really the ocassion and situation which warrants their use.

i use g2 and small tripod on days i dont feel like bringing out dslr with big tripod.

my wife uses the pns now and i use it when i go holidays. or when i need to take some test shots.

It's the toy that lure my kids to join my outing. lol

wait until you get married, have kids, and you have to carry your kids around. No chance or even strength then to carry heavy gear. No time also to whip them out for a shot...;p

:think:

good point

*starts making a list of excuses and arguments on why it is not good to have kids*

I prefer Compact first den DSLR cos use copact and get the basics b4 u get to DSLR where u will need to be more experienced to use it

I carry a compact when it is not convenient to bring DSLR. That way, I will always have a camera with me ... :)

Yup, compact cam is indeed very useful especially those that have raw function. I seldom bring out my dslr already and often compact whenever i go.;)

I sold my Canon S3 for my DSLR... now I wish I never did! I didn't sell it for much so hindsight I think it's better for me to keep it.

HAving a compact sure is useful when you need to be really really FAST and inconspicuous ... and LIGHT ! It wasn'y long after I got my first DSLR that I miss my compact :cry:

It's really a lot easier to carry around a compact/prosumer rather than a DSLR, especially with all those accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.