Commuters pays for it??

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Pay increase for bus drivers may affect bus fares - inSing.com

what the heck..... SMRT management fails, peasants bear the cost?? Now since SMRT earns so much, why they cannot bear the **** they stir? Just because stake holders want same profit margin??

seriously..... the so call talent who raised their own salaries must do better then this...

Tai-Chi-Meditation-Form.jpg

always a Tai chi games in local scene

if you would like to set off the increase in fares,

do consider becoming a shareholder . Pay you dividends :)
can't beat the game?

Join it.

Yes there is some problem here. SMRT has to sort out its own mis-management first. Don't pass the solution to commuters.

Otherwise whenever there is a screw up in any company, the solution is - ask customers to pay more in future.

Yeah, when I saw the news, its was another WTF! moment :angry: :D

I think I also need to strike.
But I'm already doing so (jog/cycle home) :D

Public transport fare review to take into account bus drivers' wage increase

Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said on Thursday public transport fare review, due next year, will take into account the need to raise bus drivers' wages.

equally amazed by his remarks

a public listed company problem becomes a Minister problem, then translate into commoner's problem :sweat:

Mr Lui said: "Any fare adjustment will allow the two operators to have more resources, in time to come, to make further salary adjustments to their drivers. We recognise that the drivers need to be paid more. (The) question is, where is that money coming from?
:sweat:

i would want SMRT to show proof that they cannot up the salaries of the drivers without going into deficit unless bus fares increase.

The top management need to accept pay freeze for 10 years if they want to increase fare to raise wages of bus drivers :(

Pay increase for bus drivers may affect bus fares - inSing.com

what the heck..... SMRT management fails, peasants bear the cost?? Now since SMRT earns so much, why they cannot bear the **** they stir? Just because stake holders want same profit margin??

seriously..... the so call talent who raised their own salaries must do better then this...

One solution is to put more private buses out to compete with SMRT with a price war. :)

I remember got money pumped into this. not enough?? serious problem in singapore. top ppl want money. operators wants more money. money best from peasants as peasant cannot do anything. we strike go jail. we dun work go court. where can peasant go??

Lan lan pay.....

I remember got money pumped into this. not enough?? serious problem in singapore. top ppl want money. operators wants more money. money best from peasants as peasant cannot do anything. we strike go jail. we dun work go court. where can peasant go??

Lan lan pay.....

yes.
[h=1]Expanding Bus Capacity: Highl
ights from Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam’s Round-Up Speech for Budget 2012
[/h]
Without the Government stepping in, these significant service level improvements would only have been achievable if fares have been raised sharply. The 550 additional buses mean significantly higher costs - not only to purchase the buses, but also because more than 1000 drivers would need to be hired and paid a good wage, as Mr Seng Han Thong and NMP Mary Liew have pointed out.

of course they also claim w/o this budget, the fare would be too hard for the commutters to swallow:sweat:

Despite this Government package and independent of this Government package, regular and incremental fare increases will continue to be necessary, as wages and operating costs rise, so that the bus industry can stay financially viable. The Government will also continue to make sure that needy commuters get adequate assistance for their transport expenses.

i'm all for nationalisation of this industry.

X1A airline staff: Boss, our airbus 380 just crashed. All 450 passengers and crew have been killed.

X1A airline boss : Oh, just ask passengers to pay more in future. Then we can buy new planes more often and safety will improve. See, my solution is so brilliant."

this cat say be on top not below. this cat very envy fat cat above but no choice must play same game

Replace all top mngmt with PRC! :bsmilie:

Commuters can chose not to take the bus, mrt, and taxi.......

See, you have the answer.... it is not possible. There's no alternative. Just like.... Greeny, Sunny, and Red umbrella............

Bus fare rise finish, then MRT turn, MRT rise finish then taxi turn. If all else fails, there is still something called the COE.

To the point, I even thought of getting this:

We are just.....

energy-battery_~k11352123.jpg