CommunicAsia2004, 15-18 June, Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they would have showgirls. Blame it on the term "professionalism", not professional enough if they were to be present. Mainly a conference thingy too.

I did encounter some two or three years ago when I went. not too sure about last year though.

mpenza said:
I did encounter some two or three years ago when I went. not too sure about last year though.
If you go, I go ;)

The good news is, there will be models around as promoters. :cool:
The bad news is, the registration is closed already. :devil:

tmc17479 said:
I doubt they would have showgirls. Blame it on the term "professionalism", not professional enough if they were to be present. Mainly a conference thingy too.

I disagree with that. How does having showgirls around be unprofessional? There are professional showgirls around you know. And it's proven, they can present products to audiences much better than the technical dudes. If you don't know how to capture your target audience's attention and put your information forward to them in the most acceptable and attractive way, I would not really count you as professional, would it?

Prismatic said:
I disagree with that. How does having showgirls around be unprofessional? There are professional showgirls around you know. And it's proven, they can present products to audiences much better than the technical dudes. If you don't know how to capture your target audience's attention and put your information forward to them in the most acceptable and attractive way, I would not really count you as professional, would it?
Arrggghhh!!! Sounds like the Business and Management Exam i just had just now! grrr.... haha!

Astin said:
The good news is, there will be models around as promoters. :cool:
The bad news is, the registration is closed already. :devil:

nah.. pre-registration is over, but they will have registration booths outside the halls, just join in the super LONGGGGG queue. :devil:

last year's Communicasia was cancelled due to SARS.

And there will be some girls/models there, usually promoting mobile phones IIRC.

There are definitely gg to be "showgirls"... whether they are professional models I don't noe, but they were chosen for attractiveness *lol* I'd bet on the phones...

I should be at communicasia too... but i'll be working. :cry:

not as a showgirl :D

show girls?

last last year i went got some cute babes showing docomo phones and other j phones.

but dunno if can bring in camera???

i saw the No Photography Allowed signboard leh.

Paul_Yeo said:
show girls?

last last year i went got some cute babes showing docomo phones and other j phones.

but dunno if can bring in camera???

i saw the No Photography Allowed signboard leh.

This is a high-tech/ IT/pc/mobile/internet/wireless - related exhibition showcasing the latest. Whoever put up that signboard got to have his cow-brain recycled coz which gadgets nowadays have no camera involved and many would want to try out the latest images live! Tear out the signboard and let us all get in and try out our latest gadgets (including our DSLR)... hahaha.
On a serious note, this show is quite international and the ppl involved are big names (no budget) and the models are usually VERY ok type (those image-thingy). So boys, prepare your gears!

lauLEE said:
This is a high-tech/ IT/pc/mobile/internet/wireless - related exhibition showcasing the latest. Whoever put up that signboard got to have his cow-brain recycled coz which gadgets nowadays have no camera involved and many would want to try out the latest images live! Tear out the signboard and let us all get in and try out our latest gadgets (including our DSLR)... hahaha.
On a serious note, this show is quite international and the ppl involved are big names (no budget) and the models are usually VERY ok type (those image-thingy). So boys, prepare your gears!

It is also a trade-show where people discuss real business deals. It's a showcase for industry people, not the public.

There're people who brought cameras in when I was there a few years ago. Yar... now I remember. There're professional showgirls (think they are Japanese?) who are showing off and explaining the features of cute phones from Japan.

Prismatic said:
It is also a trade-show where people discuss real business deals. It's a showcase for industry people, not the public.

Real business === business + "pleasure"

Industry ppl === include any potential ones in the public (including students, unrelated businessmen, those unemployed looking to a change in industry, or anyone interested to visit, etc). As such, in this modern businessworld, everyone in the public is a potential industry ppl (except of course certain groups). That's why wise companies shld include publicity and courtesy for anyone.

lauLEE said:
Real business === business + "pleasure"

Industry ppl === include any potential ones in the public (including students, unrelated businessmen, those unemployed looking to a change in industry, or anyone interested to visit, etc). As such, in this modern businessworld, everyone in the public is a potential industry ppl (except of course certain groups). That's why wise companies shld include publicity and courtesy for anyone.

Sadly, that sounds like the way it should be but it isn't. It defies economic sense for companies to pursue ALL possibilities instead of concentrating on tangible business deals. And there are opportunities when it is required to publicize to the public. Wise companies shld include publicity and courtesy for anyone, wiser companies should know when it is the right time to do so.

And wise people should know what to do if they are really interested, ie: get a trade pass.

The ticket to enter is pretty expensive. I will be attending as a press reporter and photographer, so it's free for me. And I don't need to seek permission to take pictures. :)

The products on display are for companies rather than individuals who are not in the industry. Technically it is a trade show, and not like the recent Food and Hotel Asia where you can still sample the food, wine, beer, etc. This time, you can not taste the equipment. :bsmilie:

I can gain entry becos my co is org the fair ;)

As for the pretty girls there, I have no prob taking pic of them :D

jeff49er said:
I can gain entry becos my co is org the fair ;)

As for the pretty girls there, I have no prob taking pic of them :D

And I am the speaker, so also no problem taking pics of you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.