Common Iora series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Apr 27, 2002
www.asianhomebiz.com
Went to Sungei Buloh and had a pleasant surprise. Caught several species including

1) Purple Heron
2) Water Hen
3) Sunbird
4) Black Kite
5) White collored Kingfisher
6) Stork-Bill Kingfisher
7) Asian Glossy Starling
8) Yellow-vented Bulbul (escapee)
9) A pair of Green Imperial Pigeons (they greeted me at the entrance)
10) Common Tailorbird
11) Common Iora

Here is a nesting Common Iora for a start.

31472476.jpg

31472477.jpg

31472478.jpg

50% crop. The last pic is blurred due to shake. Taken handheld with 1.4x tele. Missed quite a couple of good shots due to hunting AF at F8.0 :cry:. Other times, I just could not find the birdies through the lens.

Well thanks to all these feathery creatures that like to perch high up in the shades, I am suffering from a stiff neck now. :sweat:

May I know what focal length lens, if there's any IS/VR activated and what iso do you usually use for shooting these beautiful little birds perched up on trees and shaded by the leaves? Do you use tripod or monopod instead? Thanks.

yeocolin said:
May I know what focal length lens, if there's any IS/VR activated and what iso do you usually use for shooting these beautiful little birds perched up on trees and shaded by the leaves? Do you use tripod or monopod instead? Thanks.

All taken with a 400/5.6 + 1.4x no IS ( ;p in my dreams). Lens was on tripod but the angle too weird so had to resort to handheld. At 1/100s, f8.0. The tripod doubles as a mono.

Status
Not open for further replies.