Common Greenback Frog

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlyf

Jun 29, 2005
Pandan Gardens
DSC_4202CommonGreenbackFrog.jpg

Taken at SBG at night. I think it's a Common Greenback Frog, pls correct me if it isn't!

Using D40 with pop up flash. Is the flash too harsh? Any better way to capture pictures of animals at night?

:eek: you forgot the write up.......

nvm..let me do it for her..

her objective is to achieve a decent shot of little critters/animals at night, i.e. during SBG night walks etc.

she is looking for critiques on the composition, the angle of which the frog is shot, and the flash use which doesnt seem to be diffused enough

this picture was taken at SBG at night, on a d40 with pop up flash, iso 800, f5.6, 1/60

what she thinks of the picture.. well i dont know.. she doesnt have strong opinions abt it :)

hi good morning...

welcome to clubsnap...

Anyway, the picture was cropped into a square. I'm not against cropping a picture, but if you are going to do it, you can make it more pleasing by choosing a nice composition for it.
My suggestion is to try and loose the blurry object in the right hand corner.

As for the blown out highlights due the flash, you can try spending some time in photoshop etc, and burn out the areas where the highlight are. you should get a more pleasing result after that.

For flash techniques you can try and external flash, with a diffuser or a bounce card.

Sorry for the long post:p

DSC_4202CommonGreenbackFrogcrop.jpg

Thanks! Yeah I agree the blurry object in the bottom right is rather distracting :confused: Adjusted composition. I'm not too worried about the composition though, I'm just trying to get a good pic of the animal. Tried photoshop but can only turn the highlights greyish :confused: Also a lil worried if the flash harmed the animal in any way.....

Status
Not open for further replies.