commercial model photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannacuppa

Oct 5, 2008
new to photography.. took basic course some times back. my objective is to become a photographer for models in commerical adv or magazine... anyone able to point me to the correct path to start off? :dunno:

new to photography.. took basic course some times back. my objective is to become a photographer for models in commerical adv or magazine... anyone able to point me to the correct path to start off? :dunno:

Welcome to CS. Good that you have your dream. I wish you every success in realizing it.

Welcome!

Have the right attitude, be very passionate about what you want to do, be very very willing to learn - humbly, and hook yourself up with a practicing FASHION Photographer (Mentor).

All the best!

to excel in commercial photography, it's not only WHAT you know (and you do need to know the technical and artistic aspects of photography very well), it's also WHO you know to get you going in this trade.

All special photography topics require above average basic photography skills. The moment you can entirely focus on the artistic portion of the image and setting up the camera is 2nd nature you are on the right track. Managing models, make-up, light, other people, networking with other professionals, advertising your skills etc. is what makes a successful photographer. Hone your skills, join photoshootings, get critique and discussions with others. This forum offers all this :)

A basic course is 1% of what you need. You have to practice like there's no tomorrow, join as many organized shoots as you can, learn how to shoot in a studio environment too.

Status
Not open for further replies.