Commercial camera support on wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triotary

Jul 19, 2006
I never knew the name of the big camera support that has wheels, commonly used in commercial photography. Is it called power stand or something?

I think the TS is thinking of studio camera stands rather than dollies, if its for photography... other brands besides FOBA do produce them, although many people do refer to them as FOBA stands...

I think the TS is thinking of studio camera stands rather than dollies, if its for photography... other brands besides FOBA do produce them, although many people do refer to them as FOBA stands...

Yeah, we know the former.

Brand penetration and recognition at it's best. FOBA has been so linked with high quality studio stands that most folks just refer to studio stands as 'FOBAs'. Much like in the Phillippines, when film was popular, folks there did not say, "Take a picture of me/for me", but rather, "Can you KODAK me?". Similarly, so many here, without thought say "Scotch Tape", when in fact they mean 'cellotape', or specifically, Scotch BRAND cellotape.

Nuff OT.

FOBA stands.

Made in Switzerland, super-capable, super sturdy and will last many life-times.

http://www.sinarbron.com/foba/stands/stands.php

If it's for cinematographic cams, I think they're called Dollies.

YEah that is the one! So it is called camera stand? Some other brands that I came across is IFF Firenze (italy) and there is also another one called QiBao (China).

How much do they usually run?

YEah that is the one! So it is called camera stand? Some other brands that I came across is IFF Firenze (italy) and there is also another one called QiBao (China).

How much do they usually run?
I believe IFF is now owned by Manfrotto... check them out here... or call Cathay Photo, their distro in Singapore... who also handle Foba as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.