Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the comments were, they were the choices of the posters, and they should be free of encumbrance to voice their opinion, maybe misguided, but their choice.

Personally, I found the "nice shot :thumbsup:" very irritating to say the least, but nothing I could do, nothing I should do, and nothing the admin ought to do.

hmmm ... but how come i don't see you getting irritated when other people say your picture is ''nice'' ?

hmmm ... but how come i don't see you getting irritated when other people say your picture is ''nice'' ?
Because no one say my picture is nice :)

But I really appreciate if you did not quote me out of context. Something that really irritates me.

Hey, :) no wars. Too tired.

How many of you are irritated by comments like :

nice shot :thumbsup:

Cool!

even when the shots may not even get a neutral look from you?? Are there any moderators to note on such spammers?? Seriously, I wonder on why they even bother to spam like tat? :dunno:

Many reasons for this...

1. Cos of different standards. Maybe that person commenting it is a super beginner. Maybe the one posting it is one also. So to them, it's really cool?

2. Even if it doesn't look good, I think many can't be bothered to say so directly. Cos it's not easy to guide the newbies to take better pics. It's not easy to be a good teacher. Would anyone be bothered to go from A-Z what is wrong with a pic? I doubt so.

If you simply type YOUR PIC SUX! you are no different from the one who says GOOD :thumbsup:

So it's easier to do this :thumbsup: than :thumbsd:. For the latter, the natural reaction will be, YOU THINK YOU CAN SHOOT BETTER? Or PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC WHY YOU SAY MY PIC NO GOOD. Not many will be bothered.

If u personally don't like the photo, u say out, got chance to kena slam by ppl.

Its almost like... How to say? Try to stand in the middle of the road thing.

:) Just to say something. It is just an encouragement and a pat on the shoulder. Giving tips or not is not on our mind. When I feel strongly about something or when I come across the same type of pic somewhere and know that I can provide some help, then I would comment. I can understand the pros and the old birds. They stress on frankness and picking out the errors so that we can learn. We appreciate that deeply. But we, as half-past-six shooters (like what Deadpoet said: neither here nor there), usually avoid giving deep comments, because we are not that level yet and are not confident whether the tips or perspectives we give are correct.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: And you whacked me the most lor. Keke~

well, i'm giving my 2million worth lor... else won't be bothered to write such a long essay for each fotos rite...

some can take it, some can't... wait we have another multi page saga here...

If u personally don't like the photo, u say out, got chance to kena slam by ppl.

Its almost like... How to say? Try to stand in the middle of the road thing.
just pass lor, no one says you must give comments mah....

if you really really can't...., just close your eyes and type "great shot!"

:) Just to say something. It is just an encouragement and a pat on the shoulder. Giving tips or not is not on our mind. When I feel strongly about something or when I come across the same type of pic somewhere and know that I can provide some help, then I would comment. I can understand the pros and the old birds. They stress on frankness and picking out the errors so that we can learn. We appreciate that deeply. But we, as half-past-six shooters (like what Deadpoet said: neither here nor there), usually avoid giving deep comments, because we are not that level yet and are not confident whether the tips or perspectives we give are correct.

like that then henta kaki already

gila gila!!!

power sia....:bsmilie:

like that then henta kaki already

Who henta kaki? :bsmilie: If the TS learns the wrong stuff, then it's really bad leh.

just pass lor, no one says you must give comments mah....

if you really really can't...., just close your eyes and type "great shot!"

only type 'nice', 'good' etc. on nice fotos that u like, instead of posting congratulatory notes on every other post. all these make oneself look super fake, super insincere and the TS might find it all too amusing to be reading the same congratulatory notes on every other thread and posts by other members.

Who henta kaki? :bsmilie: If the TS learns the wrong stuff, then it's really bad leh.

yes i agree :thumbsup: too much cholesterol is bad for health. when you consume more cholesterol than you really need and forget to exercise, you'll get fat, with increased health risks

Status
Not open for further replies.