Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afterdark

Feb 4, 2005
Hi everyone,

Starting out on this fine hobby and to begin with I'm trying to get a feel for shutter/aperture settings and how they affect a picture . Here's my most presentable pic so far after three sessions :embrass: , please give your comments and criticisms freely, thanks!:)

Venom81

Nov 16, 2004
Your pic is not bad. I also newbie here. I don't know whether I can take pics like this. Maybe we can learn together. :bsmilie:
By the way what camera you using? :think:

afterdark

Feb 4, 2005
thanks for the comments so far! hoping to grasp the technical basics before proceeding to learn what makes a well composed and expressive picture. me using canon a75 (pic resized and cropped), what about you venom81?

now the cam and tripod will always be with me when i go out for walks and will keep shooting to improve my hit rate, this pic took me over 40 shots of the surroundings to get :embrass: :bsmilie:.

ortega

Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
some tips for this shot, try taking the same picture just after the sun has set, the sky will be blue instead of black.

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
I like the contrast between the fluorescent and incandescent lights.

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
Nice effort on the picture. The "starburst" effect on the lights are good. And as ortega has suggested, shooting around just after sunset makes a good deep-blue sky which really adds to the picture.

Anyway, you can try concentrating on composition...it looks a bit crowded with so many things around...it distracts the viewer away from the subject (which is the hotel, right?)

Keep shooting! :thumbsup:

afterdark

Feb 4, 2005
thanks again everyone for the pointers! will start my next session on an evening and see how to work with a bluish sky too.

and yeah i had wanted to take a pic of the hotel but was hiding in an isolated corner of clifford pier so couldn't get a unblocked view. shall venture out of that corner for more pics the next time ;p

AReality

Jun 9, 2003
VisualJournalist.net
try to get up close & personal too...
DUn need to take buildings from so far...
Dun wanna see the whole thing also... too common...

Venom81

Nov 16, 2004
afterdark said:
thanks for the comments so far! hoping to grasp the technical basics before proceeding to learn what makes a well composed and expressive picture. me using canon a75 (pic resized and cropped), what about you venom81?

now the cam and tripod will always be with me when i go out for walks and will keep shooting to improve my hit rate, this pic took me over 40 shots of the surroundings to get :embrass: :bsmilie:.
Canon A-Series bro here. I using A85. :bsmilie:
Prehapes we could learn together. :bsmilie:

Venom81

Nov 16, 2004
ortega said:
some tips for this shot, try taking the same picture just after the sun has set, the sky will be blue instead of black.
Nice tip. :thumbsup:
Will try that some day and post here. :bsmilie:
Hope I wouldn't screw up the pic. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom