comments? real or not?

BokehMaster

Oct 24, 2011
Someone in BNS section offering D700 brand new at $800. I asked him for more details, here's what is replied,:

Hello ,

Thanks for your mail,Yes we have this Nikon D700 for sale in store and it's a brand new camera sealed in manufacture box with complete accessories. 900sgd

we're given this camera out with 2years shop warranty and 90days of return policy we have full assurance on the quality of the camera sold to you,do check the attached file for the camera you will be receiving.

we're located in Indonesia and we do shipment to Malaysia and Singapore only.. cause it easy for delivery and charges don't cost much...24hrs shipment next days delivery and it's a home delivery to your door step.

How many units of this camera are you interested in purchasing for the first time being our customer.

i await your mail. regards.

Seems like too much of a good deal, any comments?

Located in Indonesia? Not too sure about this. Maybe you may try askfor their website or shop name ( check whether they are real) There's a lot of fake online posting shops so just beware (since i'm frm Indo and quite aware of this thing) cheers :)

Don't waste your time,
this is 100% scam,
everybody selling used D700 at $2k++,
who will be so dumb want to sell a brand new D700 @ S$800 or S$900?

fishy right?

anyway the thread already long gone, so many members reporting scam alert on this thread.

next time just use report post function on such scam threads. Hope no one falls into the scam.

Yup, most definitely smells fishy here. Thanks anyways.

It's like the African dictator who died leaving you all his money. :p

Located in Indonesia? forget it. you will never receive your set...

I still remember the time when I was stationed in Indonesia.
Ebay sellers simply refused to ship stuff to me over there, even when I'm paying via paypal with SG credit cards...

Well.. Seriously why wont 1 even bother or believe such things.. How lucky do you think to find someone really letting go at that kinda price..And brand NEW everything in (really really hard..just forget it. quit looking and work hard save hard..easier and faster this way..)

The same old saying goes..If the deal is too good to be true..then just ignore..

If the offer is real, this is way below the apparent market price and the guy would be out of stock in a jiffy. :bsmilie:

Yes is yes, no is no.
So long story about being located in Indonesia and whatnot. Of course its a scam lah! :D

a new D700 selling at S$800 or S$900, this is the clue of a scam.
whether the camera is stock locally or oversea is irrelevant, of course an oversea address is not easy for you to track down.

BokehMaster said:
Someone in BNS section offering D700 brand new at $800. I asked him for more details, here's what is replied,:

Hello ,

Thanks for your mail,Yes we have this Nikon D700 for sale in store and it's a brand new camera sealed in manufacture box with complete accessories. 900sgd

we're given this camera out with 2years shop warranty and 90days of return policy we have full assurance on the quality of the camera sold to you,do check the attached file for the camera you will be receiving.

we're located in Indonesia and we do shipment to Malaysia and Singapore only.. cause it easy for delivery and charges don't cost much...24hrs shipment next days delivery and it's a home delivery to your door step.

How many units of this camera are you interested in purchasing for the first time being our customer.

i await your mail. regards.

Seems like too much of a good deal, any comments?

Sound like the incoming called from the China Gal who pick up the phone and said you already has been lucky drawn and you already get the prize and but you wanna transfer me minimum of the cost of postage and we send you the Prize.

Ins't similar case??

Scammer should upgrade their tactics already. Too low and people will realize its a scam... do some research and set the price few hundreds below normal price, then people won't suspect :bsmilie:

Yes, its a common sight these days, hope more people don't take chances and become prey.

Mission impossible Sales deal.. Money go and no product in return.

BokehMaster. big title, little common sense.

when something sounds too good to be true, it's TOO GOOD to be TRUE.