Comments PLease,a poster tryout

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,

just got bored and tried this out. basically the idea is to make a poster that calls out to freshmen to join my hall in ntu. pls comment, no need hold back. just whack. ;)

used a SIGMA 70-300 APOII(on macro mode). tripod mounted. under normal flourescent light. no other editing done to pic, except for borders etc.

okie, SHOOT!!! :sweat:

sixian2.jpg

wainism said:
hi,

just got bored and tried this out. basically the idea is to make a poster that calls out to freshmen to join my hall in ntu. pls comment, no need hold back. just whack. ;)

used a SIGMA 70-300 APOII(on macro mode). tripod mounted. under normal flourescent light. no other editing done to pic, except for borders etc.

okie, SHOOT!!! :sweat:

Ok...since u say jus whack...hehe... :bsmilie: I will be frank. I find nothing interesting in this poster. The color is v dull. The borders are uneven, coz the bottom is thicker than the rest. There is too much empty space after the wordings "Be one of us now". The poster didn't tell anything. If you are to cover the logo, what do you see in this poster ?? Absolutely, nothing. If I'm a freshmen I sure will not join...
Oops...my words are a bit harsh... :sweat:

no probs,comments appreciated. actually the focus is on the id bands. and was trying to use dof to create a simple effect. erm, paiseh,but actually when i move a pic onto another layer, how do i ensure its aligned, cos now i only use arga arga..haha..

also, any ideas how i can improve?

Hmm.. this is a photograph presentation style, not a poster.

A poster should have some elements that deem it a poster like BIG WORDINGS advertising the main theme.

In this case, you can do without the black border and use the image in full size.

Be alittle bit more creative by experimenting with different approaches to the shot (filter effects to transform it into illustration style) instead of just a "shoot and put" kind of poster.

Hope it helps! :)

From a communications pt of view..this does not differentiate your hall from the rest..at least not emotively..
Thought you might like to explore why you feel your hall is different from the rest? And if possible capture that difference thru the lens..
On the other hand..the two rings portray some kind of union concept..wedding...union between the freshman and hall..hall spirit...something only your hall can bring..the feeling is not coming out here..but there might be some angle to explore from here..

if the same objects were used,
i maybe would zoom more into the id bands with e logo standing upright behind it acting as a backdrop... maybe making the id bands and the backdrop the entire pic kinda feel... perhaps more impactful.

then again, just some wild ideas floating around.. lolx

:sweat: gee.... i'll be LEAVING hall 6 in one month

Status
Not open for further replies.