Comments on this shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadwolf

May 15, 2005
During my last dive trip, I was trying to capture a reef scene with a diver in the picture, the sort that you often see in dive magazines like Asian Diver and such. Often taken with a wide angle lens to capture as much of the reef scene as possible and a diver in bikini(or wetsuit) holding a torch pointing at an oblique angle from the lens.....you get the idea. The other kind is a close up of the diver looking at some marine life or corals.

I tried the first type without the benefit of a wide angle lens and I didn't like the results. So I tried taking the latter. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

P1010219.jpg

what happened to the diver in bikini thing? I see no diver in bikini....

what caught my attention was the OFF (out of focus) fish in the foreground. then i asked myself " why OFF leh? Why is the diver looking at OFF fish? Why am i looking at OFF fish? If only there is a bikini to look at....."

Eric

My humble comment ...

Background
should have waited until the bubble disappear ...then you shot..or else I find that the background bubble distracting..

Fishes
Too many...distracting too..no focus point...

Focus Point
Diver and Fishes or Diver and Coral..pl focus on one...unless is diver+coral+one big fish..or else ..same..loss focus

Eye contact..
Diver should be focusing on coral or fishes...what i see is that she is staring straight at your camera..,maybe next time can try to ask her to pose as if she is taking pic at the coral or fishes. shd be better

Hope the above comment help...lastly nice try on taking the photo...the idea is there.....

Fellas, thanks for the comments. It would be a great help in my next trip.

-Will ask the model will wear bikini the next time round. As for whether she will, that's another story:sweat:

-Focus point...I gotta admit it didn't cross my mind when taking the picture:embrass: . I need to be more sensitive to the composition and the subject of photo.

- Fishes....I actually like to see lotsa fishes in the picture as it conveys a bustling reef scene, but I can understand how it would distract the viewer from the subject of the photo. I guess I was trying too hard to put everything into 1 shot...diver, corals, fishes....too greedy;p oh yeah...the out-of-focus fishes...maybe should use a faster shutter speed.

-Eye Contact and Posing...ok, noted. We are working on that. Will co-ordinate better next time. This time was like an impromptu shot.

Once again, thanks for the advice. This is a great place learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.