Comments on photos

ahxin89

Nov 14, 2009
Hi guys,

I am new in photography and been shooting around with DSLR Canon 500D and recently using my G12. I have got a danbo series (still working on it) and other photos too. Need some comments and opinions so would thanks all seniors in advance for all the advices.

I tried to upload the photos here but it keeps on failing so i reckon i should leave my photoblog adress here. www.casper89.tumblr.com

Please do post your comments in this thread. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I am new in photography and been shooting around with DSLR Canon 500D and recently using my G12. I have got a danbo series (still working on it) and other photos too. Need some comments and opinions so would thanks all seniors in advance for all the advices.

I tried to upload the photos here but it keeps on failing so i reckon i should leave my photoblog adress here. www.casper89.tumblr.com

Please do post your comments in this thread. Thank you!

You don't uploads photos here, you can link them straight from your tumblr. Posting in the critiques corner will get you more feedbacks

You can link using

Like so
tumblr_lotj1mYxaq1qcxppt

One comment, you can choose a less cluttered background and play around with the lights more to achieve better results.

Last edited:
You don't uploads photos here, you can link them straight from your tumblr. Posting in the critiques corner will get you more feedbacks

You can link using

Like so
tumblr_lotj1mYxaq1qcxppt

One comment, you can choose a less cluttered background and play around with the lights more to achieve better results.

Thanks senior! Appreciate that. Will post it on critiques corner. =)

Not a good idea. Critics corner is for single pictures. If you want to get feedback for such series please use the other gallery sections here.

Hi,
just a couple of comments on your danbo series. As mentioned by spree86,
you need a less cluttered background. Take a look at other danbo pictures
on the net, you will soon realise that there are some common features to the pictures.
First of all, the picture all have shallow depth of field with the background blurred. Also,
Danbo is usually taken closed up and the elements are quite close together. All these are
to isolate Danbo and whatever the theme is.

I'm not sure if you have still have the EF-S 60mm macro with you, but the G12 have a pretty
good macro function. Use the G12 macro mode, and try again at maximum zoom.

Thks everybody! I will try it out! :)

i like the tortoise... its the first soft toy i bought for myself. albeit the larger version