Comments on Fancier FT-6662A from Tago needed

zhehaolau

Aug 12, 2010
Hi guys.

Going to get 2 of the above tripod and a remote shuttle release from tago.
I saw pretty good comments on the net but just want to gather more information on that tripod.
If it is good most likely will order them today. I saw the legs, they seem to be really thin. Donno if it will be stable when fully extracted. Is there a better tripod for this price? $68

Thanks!

go to sgcamerastore at execlisor hotel and see the real sample fancier 6662A there , they also have many other brands there

they have the 592t - at $70

Last edited:
Thanks for reply idpp34.

Yea i thought of that too but i have to order before 5pm today to get it delivered the earliest.
Afraid i might not have time to go down.

Best is if you can try them out...to me thick legs (but hollow thin aluminium) might not be more stable then thinner solid legs. You can try mount your gear to see if it can support the weight comfortably. Especially the ball head if it is included. Best is if there is a hook at the bottom to hook your bag for extra stability.

I am using Francier 592T, the tripod is sturdy but the ball head's release plate cannot secure the camera properly when it's secured with a grip and lens (will come loose after sometime). Another option you might want to ask is (if the legs are sturdy) can you get the legs only and save money for a better head.

I was at zhu hai and i saw this tripod....maybe without the bag and the hook....but the price is damn good if u buy there....:)

i used it before. it is actually very stable. but if u put the camera on vertical (potrait) position, the camera will slip downwards as the mounting plate is not firm enough. (my camera weighed 1.2kg)

pikapig said:
I was at zhu hai and i saw this tripod....maybe without the bag and the hook....but the price is damn good if u buy there....:)

Yup prices in china for the fancier is 160 to 180 rmb depending on where you buy it.

TS you really get what you pay for. I suggest you take a look at sirui t1004x with Ballhead.

i used it before. it is actually very stable. but if u put the camera on vertical (potrait) position, the camera will slip downwards as the mounting plate is not firm enough. (my camera weighed 1.2kg)

I was reading your response but didn't quite understand it. Can you explain a little more and is there ways to overcome this? I am thinking of getting one.

Just wondering whether it is the same Fancier 6444 tripod that Tago & sgcamera are selling ? At the same price too.

Just wondering whether it is the same Fancier 6444 tripod that Tago & sgcamera are selling ? At the same price too.

If you're refering to the 6662,its the same.Never heard of 6444 before...

Yes you are right 6662, I am sleeping...thanks....

used the 6662 for almost 2 years, the part where the release catch meets the mounting plate tend to get worn out really quick, causing the plate to get stuck pretty often. legs are actually pretty decent, but i'd recommend a ballhead upgrade. some portions of the tripod rusts pretty readily and the leg joints tend to trap sand.

I picked this tripod up a few weeks ago.
Generally its quite good.
Stable at all height except for when extending the last leg, it will get a little weak.

Ball head for me is quite good. Just that it doesn't have panning option. Just one release for the ball.