Comments on AFS-DX-VRZOOM-18-200mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatsUpGungho

Nov 21, 2004
Bukit Batok
steviesun.multiply.com
came across this new lens..wonder is there anyone with any experience with this lens?? any comment and wats the price in the market???

wanna get a simple long lens for portraits shoot.. budget ard 600-800..any good recommendation? i using D70s

WatsUpGungho said:
came across this new lens..wonder is there anyone with any experience with this lens?? any comment and wats the price in the market???

wanna get a simple long lens for portraits shoot.. budget ard 600-800..any good recommendation? i using D70s

Nikkor AFS-DX ZOOM-18-200mm -VR is selling around $700 in US Market, so the price is out of your budget.If you wanna buy portrait lens, I recommend to you AF 85mm f/1.8D,it is quite good lens for portrait shooting.:cool:

WatsUpGungho said:

this lens not in market yet. soon it will be... check it out then

sure over the $1k mark
:( i giving it a miss... though alot of ppl say its a very gd lens!

jamestan said:
this lens not in market yet. soon it will be... check it out then

Comin soon.... Join e queue bro.... :sweat:

infusia said:
sure over the $1k mark

lol. of course it is a good lens.. Where else can u get 18mm with VR?:bsmilie:

But yeah, it is on my wish list of lens to replace my tamron 18-200 in the long run.

infusia said:
sure over the $1k mark
its not even released in most countries yet

laforge said:
lol. of course it is a good lens.. Where else can u get 18mm with VR?:bsmilie:

But yeah, it is on my wish list of lens to replace my tamron 18-200 in the long run.
Err....

Konica Minolta? :think:

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Err....

Konica Minolta? :think:

Regards,
Arto.

:) I used to have a 20mm f1.8 with AS :)

This lens will be the best walk-around lens best suited for travelling.

Bernard Ong said:
This lens will be the best walk-around lens best suited for travelling.

yeah i agree with u.. no need to carry few lens out.. guess start to save n plus ang bao money after cny.. maybe can get one.. hee

I'm waiting for review first and when it is more widely available.
Would it be prudent to sell of my 18-70 kit lens to get this?

nothing prudent or inprudent abt it. it's a duplicate of range and you won't bring both lens out, so might as well just sell off the 18-70 when u got the VR 18-200.

mpenza said:
nothing prudent or inprudent abt it. it's a duplicate of range and you won't bring both lens out, so might as well just sell off the 18-70 when u got the VR 18-200.

Thanks for the advise mpenza. But I'm also curious about the sharpness. At this point there are no official reviews or sample images for the 18-200mm VR. So I will just hold on to my kitlens :D

alan1996 said:

Thanks for the link. However, while what is written there looks good, I would like another opinion before I take the plunge. Ken Rockwell writes good reviews. I've never seen him writing a bad one. Best is to wait until its in the shops and I can test it out for myself with my camera. And I can't wait for that day to come;p

Status
Not open for further replies.