Comments-Nikkor 35-105 Zoom Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

kachang26

Feb 21, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Sorrie to bother you ppl;

but someone's offered to sell me the Nikkor 35-105mm f/3.5-f/4.5D(IF) Zoom lens (2ndhand) as a 'travel lens' for my intended F80..

any comments on this lens ie sharpness, worth getting? I believe it's discontinued....

given that it's 4yrs old, good condition (used for abt 25-30 rolls max) - what's a fair price for it?

appreciate your feedback!

Originally posted by kachang26

but someone's offered to sell me the Nikkor 35-105mm f/3.5-f/4.5D(IF) Zoom lens (2ndhand) as a 'travel lens' for my intended F80..

any comments on this lens ie sharpness, worth getting? I believe it's discontinued....

given that it's 4yrs old, good condition (used for abt 25-30 rolls max) - what's a fair price for it?

Sorry, never use this len B 4, but why dun U consider a wider angle range starting from like 24mm or 28 mm? It will come in handy.

Check this website http://photographyreview.com/35mm,Zoom/PLS_3128_78crx.aspx
U might find it useful.

what other lens you have ?

for a general purpose lens, this is very good, very hard to beat.

but you won't have the fast aperture for low light. This lens' isn't too big either, hence it won't be bothersome to bring around.

my opinion is to get a wider lenses...at least 28mm...very handy for lanscape and group shot. (esp in narrow condition like HDB flat)...35mm is most compact camera or digital cam starting range. a more pro-compact usually start with 28mm...perhaps try to get a 28-105 or 24-120

Originally posted by kachang26

I've used half a dozen samples of this lens over the years and it's a very variable quality lens.

Before you pay for it insist on testing the lens and test shoot a roll of film (36 exp) through it paying real attention to the 35mm and 105mm ends of the lens.

I can't comment on a fair price on it in Singapore but out here they go for between 300 and 450 Australian dollars.

Overall it's quite a useful lens, especially if your on a budget, add a 28mm or a 24mm lens and you'll have a pretty good light weight travel kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.