comments neeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

o'cornell

Mar 4, 2004

"HEY U!"

comments needed.. wat wrong and how to improve the pics..

lingfoo

Mar 6, 2004
SG, Currently
erm... focus better at the finger? more depth of field? correct me if I'm wrong.

bsplenden

Mar 25, 2004
holland ave
i prefer the first image... i don't know why.. as i am still a newbie.. :bsmilie:

maybe its because i see the whole hand in the first picture... the impact is there...

is ur photo from a DC, how come got black and white... i always thought only film cameras are capable of taking black and white photos... :dunno:

The_Cheat

Jan 19, 2004
Singapore
bsplenden said:
i prefer the first image... i don't know why.. as i am still a newbie.. :bsmilie:

maybe its because i see the whole hand in the first picture... the impact is there...

is ur photo from a DC, how come got black and white... i always thought only film cameras are capable of taking black and white photos... :dunno:
Digicam has the capability of taking b&w, either by the in-built function or by post-processing of the picture via PS.

As for focus, the different focus would result in different feel. The first picture is better, since the focus on the background is obvious, and having a wider DOF is acceptable. For the second one, the impact wasn't obvious, since the DOF is too big.

Hey o'cornell, try blurring/softening the head of that guy in PS, and see what kind of result you'll get!

o'cornell

Mar 4, 2004
The_Cheat said:
Digicam has the capability of taking b&w, either by the in-built function or by post-processing of the picture via PS.

As for focus, the different focus would result in different feel. The first picture is better, since the focus on the background is obvious, and having a wider DOF is acceptable. For the second one, the impact wasn't obvious, since the DOF is too big.

Hey o'cornell, try blurring/softening the head of that guy in PS, and see what kind of result you'll get!
thnx dude.. by the way, getting z2 soon... haha...

usherer

Feb 20, 2004
members.lycos.co.uk
Hey cornell, u trying to depict the HK-ish "hey u." feeling? With the guy looking away et al?

then i think u can keep the angle in the first pic,
pull out a bit
balance it (the pic is cropped too close to the left)

lingfoo

Mar 6, 2004
SG, Currently
usherer said:
Hey cornell, u trying to depict the HK-ish "hey u." feeling? With the guy looking away et al?

pull out a bit
Yea, still prefer the angle in the first pic... probably focus toward the finger bit more?

o'cornell

Mar 4, 2004
thnx guyz.. will try different position..

"i trying to show, u know, when ppl walking u trying to take their pic, they juz point their finger to stop u.." that type of feeling

o'cornell

Mar 4, 2004
usherer said:

pull out a bit

will try that...
by the way, guyz.. where do this type of photo belong to?? wat type of category??

usherer

Feb 20, 2004
members.lycos.co.uk
o'cornell said:
thnx guyz.. will try different position..

"i trying to show, u know, when ppl walking u trying to take their pic, they juz point their finger to stop u.." that type of feeling

hahah!! :bsmilie: u obviously took pains in trying to describe it better to us..very cute..

o'cornell

Mar 4, 2004
usherer said:
hahah!! :bsmilie: u obviously took pains in trying to describe it better to us..very cute..

ya lor... haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom