Not open for further replies.

o'cornell

Mar 4, 2004
Picture%20002_filtered.jpg

"GO IN IF U DARE!" :D

o'cornell said:
Picture%20002_filtered.jpg

"GO IN IF U DARE!" :D

this one is better than e other time... shows exactly what ur title say...

but to experts, in this case, should we move the object to the right so that i capture the whole object and there is no blank space on the right side?

or should the empty right side be left there to show the "go in" effect??

i think... he will look better if he shaved =)

bsplenden said:

but to experts, in this case, should we move the object to the right so that i capture the whole object and there is no blank space on the right side?

to show the go in effect lor.. :)

SniperD said:
Hmm.jpg

to further enhance your pic, try playing around with the Levels/ curves and contrast... :)

hope you dun mind, played with it to get a certain oldish look

thanx veri much.. ya i dun mind at all.. i am learning mahz :)

bsplenden said:

I think the composition with a big lobang at the right make the subject less static, and give the feel of the "going in". If the subject were to be centred, with no blank space, then it might look too static! If the lobang is at the left, then the effect of the pointing finger would be diminished.

Just my 2 cents worth!

SniperD said:
Hmm.jpg

to further enhance your pic, try playing around with the Levels/ curves and contrast... :)

hope you dun mind, played with it to get a certain oldish look

Hi, maybe you would like to share with us, exactly what adjustments you did that improved this picture?
Thanks.

you can do the following:

1) Auto Level
this will automatically change your image's dynamic range of black and white to give it more 3D form. You can den play with the sliders in the Level dialog box to see what you want (careful not to overblown the whites) - the hands and forehead's a good indication

2) Contrast
to further make the lines and areas of shadown more define, you can increase the contrast (in my case, I +25 to the image)

3) Film Grain
using the method of authentic Film Grain technique taught by StreetShooter, I added some grains to the pic and make the transparency of this layer to about 30%

*Film grain technique:
a) Duplicate the image as a separate layer
b) Select Filters -> Artistic -> Film Grain
Grain slider pull all the way to 20
The rest stays @ 0
c) Now you see a patch of Noise over your original image
d) Select the "SOFT LIGHT" on the top of the Layer box and now your image appeared but very grainy
e) Adjust the tranparency slider to your desired amount of grains visible

Now you see, it has dimensions in the shadow areas, I added

4) Lighting effect for a soft vignetting look (optional). I tried a little Dodging and Burning in some of the areas to make the shadows look more obvious

5) A final Curves adjustment to the pic will give you this.

The original's considered too "flat" in tonality so I changed it to make it more "3D" and used the concept of a simple 1 source lighting to obtain the sinister look as well as retaining and even making the threadstarter's original idea of having the figurine point to the empty space behind it, more obvious.

Cheerz!!

Hope you guys have fun!

SNIPERD thnx alot dude... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.