Comments/feedback about Lowepro Dewitt Jones Chest Strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

akdwivedi

Apr 27, 2003
Singapore
Hi,

I have been wondering about how to carry the camera securely around my neck.. If I keep the camera (with a lens like 28-70L) in a bag, by the time I take it out I miss the shot..

I came across this chest strap from lowepro which looks quite interesting.. Wondering if anyone has used it and hows ur feedback about it.. Can it realy help to hold a camera with a moderately heavy lens (24-70L or 70-200f/4) around your neck..

thanks in advance..

Addy

Hi

I have a friend using it and he has no complaints with it. No problems "securing" his 70-200 F2.8IS lens from what I see.

regards
fox

I had used it for a couple of times when i was in thailand.

It is really useful to secure your camera in "bumpy" situations like at the "back of pickup moving up a mountain trail" and prevent it from any desirable movement. Also, it keeps the camera firmly affix on your chest hence less chances of being grab off by thieves.

In my opinion, it works better with longer lens as the longer lens barrel will reduce the chances of the lens slipping out... I've tried the strap with conventional 28-105 zoom. To note however, my experience with the strap is in extremely bumpy situations (and everything could have slipped out anyway)...

A little odd looking though... like a bra without the cups, running across your chest... :D

Hope it helps. How much is it by the way? Haven't used my in two years... Peharps a buy/sell opportunity... :p

Dunno... Haven't checked the prices yet.. will check if CP has it... I was just looking at a solution to my problem... Once I know that this is what I need, then I go for prices... I use EOS 1V and usually with 28-135 IS, I walk around the streets... But I am always afraid that if I hang it around my neck, the lens being heavy might strain the lens contacts.. I am also looking to buy a 24-70L soon, which is even heavier than my 28-135IS...

Thanks for your feedback, I feel I should buy it.. It will come as a useful acessory...

How much did u pay for it... PM me the price.. I will take it..

Originally posted by akdwivedi
Dunno... Haven't checked the prices yet.. will check if CP has it... I was just looking at a solution to my problem... Once I know that this is what I need, then I go for prices... I use EOS 1V and usually with 28-135 IS, I walk around the streets... But I am always afraid that if I hang it around my neck, the lens being heavy might strain the lens contacts.. I am also looking to buy a 24-70L soon, which is even heavier than my 28-135IS...

Thanks for your feedback, I feel I should buy it.. It will come as a useful acessory...

How much did u pay for it... PM me the price.. I will take it..

Bought it as a package together with a tripod and a whole lot of other stuff... Cannot remember the price. Don't think i may want to sell it yet cuz i may want to go on "those bumpy trips". But it would be great if you could tell me how much it cost... for fun's sake.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.