Comments directed to models, why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want see CS become a lousy photography forum when many of the better photogarpher refuse to post here because they felt it is an insult to them to post side by side with a lousy snap shot.

I think it already happened. Many had stopped posting good photos here. Its sad but true. Why would a good photographer post their photos here in the 1st place?

I think it already happened. Many had stopped posting good photos here. Its sad but true. Why would a good photographer post their photos here in the 1st place?

I think the problem is the indiscriminate praises that were showered onto some absolutely CMI pictures of so call models that set the tone, and standard of this forum.

These CMI pictures can be results of bad photography, substandard modeling, or most likely the case, a combination of both.

The only way to change this is to give honest comments. If the pictures are bad, for whatever reason, the comments should reflect them, not sugar coating the problems, even if it's totally the fault of the subject.

I think the problem is the indiscriminate praises that were showered onto some absolutely CMI pictures of so call models that set the tone, and standard of this forum.

These CMI pictures can be results of bad photography, substandard modeling, or most likely the case, a combination of both.

The only way to change this is to give honest comments. If the pictures are bad, for whatever reason, the comments should reflect them, not sugar coating the problems, even if it's totally the fault of the subject.

yes, upz for that :thumbsup:

being politically correct doesn't leave much room for honestly (and sometimes brutal) criticism :think:

Perhaps this is where the crux of the issues lies: not 'XMMs' or 'GWCs' ( we don't have a right to stop them anyway) but the 'inaccurate' comments some of us may make.

Eh... beats me? :dunno:

well.. its true.. did met some photog whose not keen to post.. they tell me " aiya post liao wait kena slamm ah" sa

well.. its true.. did met some photog whose not keen to post.. they tell me " aiya post liao wait kena slamm ah" sad sad

the photographer's or model's? :embrass:

Both I'd say. The photog may say "NO comments about the model!!!" because he's afraid she'll get upset.

Both I'd say. The photog may say "NO comments about the model!!!" because he's afraid she'll get upset.

Agree. There was once I commented on the model in the Portraits forum and she PM'ed me, asking me why I think she CMI. :bsmilie: There was no disclaimer saying "No comments about the model" what. :dunno:

Photogs don't want their photos to get slammed, they get attached to the models so the photogs don't want their models to get slammed either, and the models get offended easily. In the end, cannot slam anything. Everything must be positive. :sweat:

Might as well take away the 'Submit Reply' button in the Portraits forum.

Agree. There was once I commented on the model in the Portraits forum and she PM'ed me, asking me why I think she CMI. :bsmilie: There was no disclaimer saying "No comments about the model" what. :dunno:

Photogs don't want their photos to get slammed, they get attached to the models so the photogs don't want their models to get slammed either, and the models get offended easily. In the end, cannot slam anything. Everything must be positive. :sweat:

actually if the model's prefer, just pixelate (remind anonimous to save face) their face so honest comments would be more welcomed? :think:

actually if the model's prefer, just pixelate (remind anonimous to save face) their face so honest comments would be more welcomed? :think:

portraitures with pixelated face?:dunno:

that in itself is one reason to slam :bsmilie:

portraitures with pixelated face?:dunno:

that in itself is one reason to slam :bsmilie:

But, for many of the models, might even be an improvement on the picture. :p

But, for many of the models, might even be an improvement on the picture. :p
can't agree more!! this is getting bad, I am agreeing with others :)

They should change the mode of reply.

To reply, please choose the following option:
A) :thumbsup:
B) :heart:
C) :lovegrin:
D) All the above

D) All the above

You forgot the classic : Nosebleed...:lovegrin::heart:

But, for many of the models, might even be an improvement on the picture.

There should be a special thread for DI Artists- a monthly DI Contest! Photographers must edit the models so that they look like beautiful women. The entry must include side-by-side photos of the Before and After. The winner does the most drastic transformation with the most beautiful results. :think:

But seriously, maybe photographers should pay more attention to teeth, eyelashes, make-up etc.? Even Xiaxue does that to her photos and she's pretty dang good at it too. The photogs around here should hire her to make the CMI XMMs look pretty.

D) All the above

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.