Comments and suggestion Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sirs,

may i seek your kind comments and suggestions on my photos thanks!

BoatQuay.jpg

Harbour.jpg

Fullerton.jpg

AndersonBridge.jpg

Blk139Bedok.jpg

Nice pictures and the usage of font, very much like professional postcards.. these are my 20 cents worth comments.. :embrass:

pic 1 - when i take a closer look at pic 1, i think the lines of reflections on the left side in the water is nice, how did u do it? But i dunno why, as a whole, the picture seems to hav missed out something.. i'm not too sure what exactly is it.. or is it the sky is not dark enough, doesnt bring out the contrast?

pic 3 - perhaps the fullerton one might look nicer if u underexpose it by 1 or 2 stops.. a little to bright.

pic 4 - has a very nice lighting, interesting n creative composition.. like the rays of light shining in.. very nice.. i read some magazines, they often say that it'll be better to use lines diagonally than placing it in the middle as it will cut the picture into half.. personally, i dun really feel that in this pic

:D

i think number 2's a lil soft. nice colours thou. and #3 looks a lil over exposed.. but nice shots overall. compostion's pretty good. anderson bridge gets my 2 thumbs up! my fav. haha

;)
Nice pictures and the usage of font, very much like professional postcards.. these are my 20 cents worth comments.. :embrass:

pic 1 - when i take a closer look at pic 1, i think the lines of reflections on the left side in the water is nice, how did u do it? But i dunno why, as a whole, the picture seems to hav missed out something.. i'm not too sure what exactly is it.. or is it the sky is not dark enough, doesnt bring out the contrast?

pic 3 - perhaps the fullerton one might look nicer if u underexpose it by 1 or 2 stops.. a little to bright.

pic 4 - has a very nice lighting, interesting n creative composition.. like the rays of light shining in.. very nice.. i read some magazines, they often say that it'll be better to use lines diagonally than placing it in the middle as it will cut the picture into half.. personally, i dun really feel that in this pic

:D

pic 1: actually sir the straight lines on the left is a passing ferry boat, in long exposures the effect is this, and in terms of composition, yes also in my opinion also it boat quay lacks something? i dont know what....

anybody can tell me whats missing??

thank you very much for your comments sir it would really help me improve a bit more...

regards!;) ;)

i think number 2's a lil soft. nice colours thou. and #3 looks a lil over exposed.. but nice shots overall. compostion's pretty good. anderson bridge gets my 2 thumbs up! my fav. haha

thanks sir for the comment sir will post some more pics after a week...

regards

happy shooting to all!!

;)

pic 1: actually sir the straight lines on the left is a passing ferry boat, in long exposures the effect is this, and in terms of composition, yes also in my opinion also it boat quay lacks something? i dont know what....

thank you very much for your comments sir it would really help me improve a bit more...

regards!;) ;)
could it be some human elements? :dunno:
my 2c

ang ganda ....:) :) except for fullerton which is overexposed....

yes. i think the water area needs a boat. a stationary one. so that you can have the red lines as well as a boat. hee hehe.

;)

regards!;) ;)

hope my 20 cents worth comments will help.. by the way.. i'm a girl.. haha.. u stereotype.. :D just joking

By the way, how long hav u been shooting? in wat mode did u take the picture at the bridge? doesnt look like sepia.. but i like the effect.. could u share w us the details? shutter speed, aperture, WB etc?

By the way, how long hav u been shooting? in wat mode did u take the picture at the bridge? doesnt look like sepia.. but i like the effect.. could u share w us the details? shutter speed, aperture, WB etc?

im sorry maam for assuming,

i am shooting with flim back in my college days in the philippines but not didnt go further on it, i continued to shoot again when i started to go for mountain climbing and from there i fell in love with the digital format. when i went to singapore i started to get a little bit serious about this hobby but not that serious as a pro. as you can see my photos generally are taken at night because my working hours if from morning to early evening so i got no chance of taking by day....

my setting for this photo is ISO 800, f/5.6, TV,focal lenght is 24mm, metering mode is evaluative, white balance is at auto, no flash,

this photo i had post process with adobe photoshop with alittle bit of sepia toning and contrast manipulation, and dont forget the curves,

i hope this answers your questions maam, hope to read more of your 20 cents of comments

regards...

im sorry maam for assuming,

i am shooting with flim back in my college days in the philippines but not didnt go further on it, i continued to shoot again when i started to go for mountain climbing and from there i fell in love with the digital format. when i went to singapore i started to get a little bit serious about this hobby but not that serious as a pro. as you can see my photos generally are taken at night because my working hours if from morning to early evening so i got no chance of taking by day....

my setting for this photo is ISO 800, f/5.6, TV,focal lenght is 24mm, metering mode is evaluative, white balance is at auto, no flash,

this photo i had post process with adobe photoshop with alittle bit of sepia toning and contrast manipulation, and dont forget the curves,

i hope this answers your questions maam, hope to read more of your 20 cents of comments

regards...

hee.. thanks! i'm a newbie, i started learning photography 1 week ago.. same as u, after working hours.. it's all night scene.. you've inspired me to take pretty night screens!

Hi there,

I am touched by the humility in your reply. :thumbsup:

Yes, I agreed the first photo should have a boat in it.

The flower photo is my fav.:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.

Hi there,

I am touched by the humility in your reply. :thumbsup:

Yes, I agreed the first photo should have a boat in it.

The flower photo is my fav.:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks sir for your warm comments, it really helps me to develop my skills further.....

thanks for your support.....

My gripe about #2 would be the softness... it could do well being sharper for the flowers that you are trying to enphasise on. Stopping down the aperture slightly smaller may do the trick.

#3 seems a lil over-exposed. Either stopping down the aperture more or shortening the exposure time may recover it too.

Overall, it has been nice... ;)

May I ask how did u put the pics in the postcard frames?
thanks..apprecaited.

My gripe about #2 would be the softness... it could do well being sharper for the flowers that you are trying to enphasise on. Stopping down the aperture slightly smaller may do the trick.

#3 seems a lil over-exposed. Either stopping down the aperture more or shortening the exposure time may recover it too.

Overall, it has been nice... ;)

hi sir, actually the original photo of the flowers is sharp i just soften it a bit to create an effect.

on the #3 i agree that it was over expossed.

thank you sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.