comment on tripod sold in carrefour

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also intending to buy myself a tripod for my camera. no need too good, just make sure its stable and recommended for a DC. any recommendation? eg, brand or website?

stability is of utmost importance. do not sit a $500 camera on top of a 'weak' tripod. penny wise, pound foolish.

kababoom said:
anyone using those tripod sold in Carrefour?
any comments?
Thks in advance

got 2 of them. one is the 'firstline' brand, the other one throw already,(knob breaks) all very poor quility.

imo those tripod sold in carefour, are only suitable for the small size point & shoot digi-cam. if you own a more heavier cam like the fz10 or any dslr, it might not be too strong to support the weight of the cam and another lens or accessory that goes on the camera.

just my 2 cents worth.

i might be wrong....... :embrass:

i have one 1st line tripod with me , if u wan i can let u have it @ $10 bucks it's 1/2 price, where to find :thumbsup:

poohbear said:
i have one 1st line tripod with me , if u wan i can let u have it @ $10 bucks it's 1/2 price, where to find :thumbsup:

:bsmilie: i have that one too, only ok for small digicams, definitely not good for normal size slr and heavier stuff, but it did help me in my last trip in china, was used for my cp4500, better than nothing ... but now some screws abit loose after the trip :(

If you are using digicams (not DSLRs), try to get the Slik Sprint series. They are well made and not very ex.

Why dun get a good second hand tripod here in clubsnap. Dun get those cheap tripod just to save some $ and risk breaking your few hundreds dollar worth of equipment. :what:

kababoom said:
how abt these brand "Tanner" or "digi-pod" any comments

Tripods with "braces" that cuts your fingers, oily geared centre columns and plastic release plates that release "automatically". :bsmilie:

Get the Slik Sprint Pro, good for small cams :thumbsup:

or Slik U8000? good for DSLR?

Hey,

not sure if carrefour is very reliable for good tripod. Im using my brothers profesional tripod bare metal :p Actually used for film cameras, the ones they shoot filmd with ahah :)

cheers!

Nick

kababoom said:
wat abt fz20?

for fz20, maybe can try the 'firstline' brand, me also using it for my fz10, but choose the tall one. the short and midium one will not be good enough.

But, check very carefully, on all the parts, the one i got, had the sprit lever dropped out when i reach home, have to use super glue to glue it back.

If you intend to upgrade your camera later, then no point to buy a cheap cheap tripod now, and change later. Always buy the best your $$$ can buy, and make sure that it is the last tripod that you will buy. Can save more $$$ this way.

Don't be like me, i learn this the hard way. now my house got 2 to 3 tripod laying around. :( :(

coldman said:
But, check very carefully, on all the parts, the one i got, had the sprit lever dropped out when i reach home, have to use super glue to glue it back.

:eek: So suay ah? Hmm....i just bought a Slik Sprint Pro 3 way panhead. No regrets. :thumbsup: I use cheap tripods before, and they're not very good. A bit on the short side too.

I learned the lesson a hard way. The plastic QR plate some how came off while my cam is still attach. And my cam is just a little W1 with teleconverter attached, less than 500g! Hence the top metal casing of the viewfinder on my W1 got dented and scratched ;( Lucky i managed to catch the cam in mid-air. :)

Personal experience.

I own those $20 tripod. But bo pian, no money to poop it on a $400 really solid manfrotto tripod. My verdict?

Confirm cannot tahan those SLR-sized cameras. My one keeps tilting either to the left or to the right slightly and all my scenery shots got a slight tilt to 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.