Status
Not open for further replies.

imissy

Jan 3, 2007
girlstandingongrass2eu7.gif

thanks in advance

girlstandingongrass2eu7.gif

thanks in advance
nice, whimsical feel to it, colors work well together. but got a problem with the shadow. to cast such a strong shadow, by right the back should be in shade or silhouette too. a bit too bright to be 'natural' ... unless it's really on purpose?

will work on it, thanks :)

also, do you think lowering the point-of-view of the viewer might work better? as if the girl is looking further away into the horizon.

nice try, i like this =)

also, do you think lowering the point-of-view of the viewer might work better? as if the girl is looking further away into the horizon.

nice try, i like this =)

hmm care to explain more in depth on this?

girlstandingongrass3gt1.gif

better?

Do you want a harsh critique or a suger-filled one? :bsmilie:

Ok, I'll go in between :bsmilie:

1. What's the idea behind this piece? That way, people can better critique or give comments to your picture.

2. Technically wise, proportions of the girl is off. Will go into detail if you want to know.. too lazy to type out now :bsmilie: Positioning of hat looks wierd. Doesn't look like she's wearing it.. shift it down a little on her head. There's not enough focus in the picture.

3. Style wise, I feel that it isn't consistent. If you want to have cell-shaded graphics, do the same for everything in the pic.

4. The girl doesn't look like she's standing correctly on the mountain slope..

5. Where's the sun for her shadow to be casted? ;) (Btw, her shadow shouldn't be grey.. it should be a dark green)

6. Add more details! :)

Do you want a harsh critique or a suger-filled one? :bsmilie:

Ok, I'll go in between :bsmilie:

1. What's the idea behind this piece? That way, people can better critique or give comments to your picture.

2. Technically wise, proportions of the girl is off. Will go into detail if you want to know.. too lazy to type out now :bsmilie: Positioning of hat looks wierd. Doesn't look like she's wearing it.. shift it down a little on her head. There's not enough focus in the picture.

3. Style wise, I feel that it isn't consistent. If you want to have cell-shaded graphics, do the same for everything in the pic.

4. The girl doesn't look like she's standing correctly on the mountain slope..

5. Where's the sun for her shadow to be casted? ;) (Btw, her shadow shouldn't be grey.. it should be a dark green)

6. Add more details! :)

thankew very much for your comment, drew this picture on request from my friend, she wants a girl who looks like she's in deep thought. guess i failed, i always think that something's lacking from the picture, but i dont know what is that.

thankew very much for your comment, drew this picture on request from my friend, she wants a girl who looks like she's in deep thought. guess i failed, i always think that something's lacking from the picture, but i dont know what is that.

Hmm. I would suggest you go for a simpler character design. Don't have to go realistic, since it's not your forte. Use basic shapes to make up the character, add more details to clothings (dress her up), and let her facial expression show her being deep in thought. Don't be afraid to try a frontal view.. you can show alot with just the face alone.

Depending on what the character is thinking about, i might or might not choose this kind of scenary.. let the scene reflect part of what she is thinking :)

From a graphic designer's point of view: Maybe u can make the girl smaller and draw the mountain in such a way that it looks "far away," thus creating the idea of deep thought. A wider view, horizontally, helps too. Btw your drawing skills quite good, maybe can explore some conceptual artworks.

From a graphic designer's point of view: Maybe u can make the girl smaller and draw the mountain in such a way that it looks "far away," thus creating the idea of deep thought. A wider view, horizontally, helps too. Btw your drawing skills quite good, maybe can explore some conceptual artworks.

haha am still learning on my own

thanks for your comment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.