Comics - Battle, Dandy, Beano

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernik

Nov 9, 2004
Any bros know where to find these classic comics in Singapore?

Grew up reading them if you remembered the Rat Pack, Major Easy and Desperate Dan...

Would love to get my hands on them again.

where selling? I miss dennis the menace and bash street kids!

If you have kids who are in primary school, they sell it at the book fair. I got mine from various book suppliers. The annual costs around S$5.50 each

Last edited:
If you have kids who are in primary school, they sell it at the book fair. I got mine from various book suppliers. The annual costs around S$5.50 each

ah ok...used to be could find the weekly issues at bookstores...now dun see anywhere :cry:

ah ok...used to be could find the weekly issues at bookstores...now dun see anywhere :cry:

Some mamak stores still sell the weekly issues. Occasionally, I can still see them for sale at the news vendors along Holland Village.

Last edited:
Some mamak stores still sell the weekly issues. Occasionally, I can still see them for sale at the news vendors along Holland Village.

Great! Will check out Holland V. The Dandy and Beano annuals were great companions during my school holidays those days.

What about "Battle". Anyone seen this around or has it been that long. Found a fan web link. Perhaps some of the pictures will trigger the memory :)

besides Beano and Dandy... there's also Topper. anyone read this classic too?

I had the bash street kids annual fomr wayy back (think its the 1988 edition) My parents were apprently fans of it haha..

I had the bash street kids annual fomr wayy back (think its the 1988 edition) My parents were apprently fans of it haha..

My Bash Street Kids Annuals date back to 1976. I have all except 2002 and 1997.

Now they compile it with Beano, which I think is not as good as single volume.

Last edited:
Great! Will check out Holland V. The Dandy and Beano annuals were great companions during my school holidays those days.

What about "Battle". Anyone seen this around or has it been that long. Found a fan web link. Perhaps some of the pictures will trigger the memory :)

:sweat: forgot to attach the link

http://fanboy.frothersunite.com/battle.html

My time was in the late 60s right up to the 70s. Each time my mom goes to Lim Tua Tau Market to do her marketing, it would be a quick trip to the mama shop at the market that she will buy both comics for my sis and me. The cartoon characters in my days were and had inspired me to draw were the likes of :

Korky The Cat, Desperate Dan, Biffo The Bear, Beryl The Peril, Lord Snooty, Colonel Blink, The Badd Lads, The Bash Street Kids, Minnie The Minx, Dennis The Menace, Roger the Dodger,The Iron Fish,Billy the Cat,Billy Whizz, Nibblers,Baby-Face Finlayson, Billy's boots, Corporal Clott, Brassneck, Hot Shotz...etc

Man....those were the days.

Last edited:
My time was in the late 60s right up to the 70s. Each time my mom goes to Lim Tua Tau Market to do her marketing, it would be a quick trip to the mama shop at the market that she will buy both comics for my sis and me. The cartoon characters in my days were and had inspired me to draw were the likes of :

Korky The Cat, Desperate Dan, Biffo The Bear, Beryl The Peril, Lord Snooty, Colonel Blink, The Badd Lads, The Bash Street Kids, Minnie The Minx, Dennis The Menace, Roger the Dodger,The Iron Fish,Billy the Cat,Billy Whizz, Nibblers,Baby-Face Finlayson, Billy's boots, Corporal Clott, Brassneck, Hot Shotz...etc

ah roger the dodger! brings back memories...thanks to that comic every time i know a roger i nick name him the dodger :bsmilie:

This should bring back some of that memories. ;)

Beano.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.