COMGateWay.com

highwaystar

Feb 15, 2006
Hi All ,

Need feedback from u ppl here about ComGateWay.com

1) Are they reliable ???
2) Freight charges cheaper / reasonable ???
3) Delivery of Goods in time ???

I use to purchase from Amazon.com just for infor.
If you have any experience with COMGateWay.com kindly advise.

Thanks All

;)

I switch from Vpost to Comgateway, being using it for a few years.

reliable? yes.
cheaper? not sure, cos I don't use others at the same time.
delivery of goods in time? Yes, faster than I expected.

I'm using it for purchasing item from places that don't shipping to SG directly.
once my package arrive at their warehouse, I will receive email immediately, so I can decide to ship my item/s here or wait for other packages to ship together.

One unique feature about Comsgateway is that their concierge services are able to get stuffs on your behalf where VPOST and Borderlinx will not even bother entertaining.

One unique feature about Comsgateway is that their concierge services are able to get stuffs on your behalf where VPOST and Borderlinx will not even bother entertaining.

They also repack your packages on request, because some places just want to be a pita and pack one small item in a super big box.

1) Yes, so far for my orders from Amazon.
2) Not sure cheaper or not, but reasonable for me.
3) On time or earlier, delivery by DHL which is good and tracking can be done online.

not all items are come in very big and spacious packaging, some are just packed neatly, noting to cut down, so they will indicate "repacking is not available".

haha I only received one big box with small item while using borderlinx. It's actually my reason for switching over to comgateway because the offer repackaging.

That one the shipping killed me.

haha I only received one big box with small item while using borderlinx. It's actually my reason for switching over to comgateway because the offer repackaging.

That one the shipping killed me.

I switch to comgateway bcos Vpost don't know where is my item, take many emails and weeks to find out.

one good thing about comgateway is accepting paypal, so I can pay in US$ which I make from stock photography.

Below is my complied information posted in another forum. should prove useful.

General Info

Vpost
  • uses speedpost
  • definitely slower unless ur package reaches them b4 friday. they ship weekly from US on friday, unsure if they have changed this system havnt their service for almost a year
  • usually cheapest baring any promotion by CGW/hopshopgo/borderlinx
  • calculates payment in SGD

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • uses DHL
  • hopshopgo is CGW, u can treat it as such but with a permanent 10% off CGW rates but uses Paypal only
  • faster than Vpost
  • calculates payment in USD
  • repacking option sometimes available but costs either 3 or 5 USD

Tracking/Cost

Vpost
  • tracking is not accurate
  • cheapest? yup, they also count per 0.1kg
  • 1 of my shipments almost got eaten up but their call center manager managed to get the warehouse guys to do their work
  • Insurance is EXPENSIVE

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • DHL tracking is awesome, almost real time tracking,
  • its possible to call and arrange for a specific range of delivery time (morning/afternoon/night), call only after package in SG!
  • Counts in steps of 0.5kg, more expensive than Vpost
  • Insurance inclusive in shipping cost
  • Typical Route taken, (US) OR--> (US) CINCINNATI HUB --> HK --> SG
    with OR--> leaving OH happening on the same day (SG time)

Shipping time

Vpost
  • ordering when peak season (black friday - new year's day) shipping definitely takes 2 weeks
  • Usually slowest, unless ur package reach when on the shipping day then same as CGW//Hopshopgo
  • typically takes 5-10 days to deliver depending on when ur package reaches Vpost in US, baring any shipment lost/delay

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Standard service: waits for 2 business days b4 passing to DHL

2 business days + 3 days (including weekends, lately shipment doesnt move on Sunday) = delivery time (only business days!)

Baring any Holidays/unforeseeable events (all in SG time):
    pay on friday deliver on next thurs
    pay on mon deliver thurs / friday

• Express: pass to DHL the next day (pay on friday SG afternoon time, Sat. morning wake up and package with DHL)

Next Business day + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

Baring any Holidays/unforeseeable events (all in SG time):
    Pay on Friday, deliver by Monday
    pay on Tuesday delivery on Thurs/Friday

• both standard and express are IDENTICAL in the eyes of DHL, they are both DHL express with only difference being when CGW pass to DHL

Shipment Delivery Condition

Vpost
  • Flawless condition, be it boxes or envelopes

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Boxes almost always comes damaged, but the packing by merchant helps in my stuffs survives the trip and that includes a hard disk!
  • Envelopes are comes in good condition as it is repacked with DHL normal / padded envelopes

Opening of boxes

Vpost
  • Doesn't open ur packages

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Will open ur boxes/envelopes!! but not individuals item packing

Morning all ,
Thanks for the reply. It look like gateway is the way to go.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all at clubsnap.