Comex Epson digicam deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbchoong

Apr 1, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Saw in today's Computer Times an ad by Epson stating buy an Epson printer, can buy Epson 3100Z for only $399. Must bring Computer Times ad to be valid.

Only valid during Comex show.

Epson 3100Z is a 3.3mp full size digicam (like Canon G1 size) with hotshoe for external flash, etc. See Steve's Digicam review for more info. But I think this will be the last Epson digital camera as I heard Epson has stopped it digicam production.

:cool:

This is actually a highly regarded camera with a very good and fast F2 lens.

extracted from Steve's Digicams:

The PhotoPC 3100Z is a fully-featured, 3-megapixel camera that easily holds its own against the competition. Thanks to the builtin audio capabilities it even jumps ahead of some of the other cameras in functionality. Its ease of use, ergonomics and overall image quality put it right up there with the best digicams available today. Epson includes the lens adapter instead of making it an "optional" accessory

There's even an external hotshoe for an external flash!!!

you could read user opnions here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=epson_photopc3100z

and another full review here:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E3100/E31A.HTM

Conclusion of the review
Epson's done a lot right with this camera, including all the standard "high-end" features, including flexible exposure modes and even a flash hot shoe. Its full auto setting though, means you can hand it to a non-techie with confidence. Nice image quality and a quick, timesaving (if not a little unusual) user interface give this camera an edge over many in its 3.3 megapixel class. There's also the benefit of an uncompressed TIFF mode and an interpolated 4.8-megapixel CCD that produces 2,544 x 1,904-pixel images capable of making prints as large as 11 x 17 inches. If you have a compatible printer , the 3100Z's inclusion of PRINT Image Matching will offer significant improvements in the quality of your prints. (At this writing, Epson's own Stylus Photo 875EPX is the only supporting printer, but PRINT Image Matching drivers are promised soon for the 780 and 1280) To our eye, the improvements from PRINT Image Matching are worth buying an Epson printer for, undoubtedly exactly what Epson intended. With Epson known more for its printers than its cameras, it would be easy for this camera to be overlooked in the marketplace. That would be a shame, as it's a genuinely excellent digicam.

another great plus:
Tonal range and shadow noise were excellent, even when the camera's ISO value (light sensitivity) was boosted to 200 and 400

couple this finding with the fast lens and you might take great pics at the night safari without a tripod!

It even comes with the lens adaptor unlike the other manufacturers!

power leh for this price :eek: :thumbsup:

Too bad I prefer longer zoom and EVF else I would get this. Really great buy of the century. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.