COMEX access problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

r52lanc

Feb 12, 2004
Bukit Timah
www.pbase.com
Arrived at 11:30am today only to find long queue and all lots closed or jammed! Traffic police standing around drinking water and blocking access to lots. Waiving cars on but to where?

Yes, they say take public transport. However, if you have a car you then don't live near MRT. SUNTEC just as bad as parking jams by 1pm on the days of major computer or car show.

Singapore has a really problem with no venues capable of handling these shows. Too many COEs issued or the shows just too popular? Dunno. :dunno:

luckily did not drive there..! it will be a embarrassment if the IMF is held there!.
these shows should be made 24 hours..! why cram all it into 4 days? Even Mustafa can have 24 hours shopping available for all...but not these comex /pcshow / car / book fairs...? why?

Our Expo is DEFINATELY not of the world-class standard ..... normally i park my car near a station and take the MRT there ....
Secondly, the exhibits and displays are so messy .... totally no class.

Yeah, agreed. It must have been a madhouse inside today. I wasted 2 hours... 1 hour going and coming.... one hour circling EXPO. :confused:

Canonised said:
Our Expo is DEFINATELY not of the world-class standard ..... normally i park my car near a station and take the MRT there ....

sojourn88 said:
luckily did not drive there..! it will be a embarrassment if the IMF is held there!.
these shows should be made 24 hours..! why cram all it into 4 days? Even Mustafa can have 24 hours shopping available for all...but not these comex /pcshow / car / book fairs...? why?
the organisers need a break too!

sojourn88 said:
U want to know why?

Stand there for 9hrs straight (30min for lunch, 30min for dinner) whilst maintaining ur composure entertaining customers.

Go on and do it. If u can do so, let it run 24hrs.

Hmm, that's why 24 hour shops have workers which operate in shifts.

jsbn said:
U want to know why?

Stand there for 9hrs straight (30min for lunch, 30min for dinner) whilst maintaining ur composure entertaining customers.

Go on and do it. If u can do so, let it run 24hrs.

It is expected, every year the same since it started. So no surprise.

Sjourn said:
It is expected, every year the same since it started. So no surprise.

towkay... u went?

going to sg's 'IT' fair is just like going to warehouse sale... u just go there touch touch, cheap cheap, buy buy... then u see some treat it like a family outing... then some like photography convention...

talking about parking, its plain mad on saturday night, i went to pick up a fren who bought a printer, he was waiting at the expo mrt, its so hard to just get into that area and there are cars just parking by the side of the road and strange, no summons, and it makes ppl who park inside expo look stupid... :bsmilie:

I just find tat all these PC/IT/Comex Shows a cheap low class lelong sale..

Is it the crowd's fault? or is it the organisers fault?

Canonised said:

how can u put the blame on Expo for the messy displays and exhibits? Was it not like that when the show was at Suntec? In fact, I've got photos from Suntec hosted IT shows that I shot as a personal photo project showing just how ugly Singaporeans are and the messy state of such IT shows - pple sitting on the floor aka picnic style, brochures strewn all over the floor, children running around and screaming etc etc.

It's us.

sojourn88 said:
If you are running a stall there...
Will you open for 24 hrs... need to increase your strff and pay double for hours where there will be so much lesser people.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
its your fault... :bsmilie:

:D My fault for not being there...:cry:

What I think is tat they should charge a entrance fee like $5~$10..tis will prevent those with no intention to buy things one to go..some ppl treat it like a places of interest..

some more they shouldn't be distributing flyers like mad, and shouting all over the booths like pasar malam..

it really was quite a madhouse...i went there on friday lunchtime, and by 12.30 all the carpark lots there were full already. but friday was nowhere near as bad as the weekend. and for a place like singapore, it was a real mess. i couldnt believe all the brochures and other stuff just strewn on the floor.

luckilyhad someone give us a lift there, theres no way i would have even dared take my car there on the weekend.

i dont think theres much to be done about the parking situation though. but i do think perhaps more should be done to educate those going to these fairs that, you really cant expect to park there, unless you go super early and people should in fact be advised not to drive. thats why expo is right by a MRT station..
and perhaps they should maybe organise shuttle services from other nearby areas or carparks.

blazer_workz said:
:D My fault for not being there...:cry:

What I think is tat they should charge a entrance fee like $5~$10..tis will prevent those with no intention to buy things one to go..some ppl treat it like a places of interest..

some more they shouldn't be distributing flyers like mad, and shouting all over the booths like pasar malam..

ya... then reclaimable with purchases above 100 bucks... :thumbsup: (as if they dun go mark up the price...)

Actually if you realise, Expo has quite a lot of land dedicated to the car parks. What could be done is to increase the net area of parking by building multi storey car parks instead of just a single storey outdoor car park - of course the next question is costs.....

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
going to sg's 'IT' fair is just like going to warehouse sale... u just go there touch touch, cheap cheap, buy buy... then u see some treat it like a family outing... then some like photography convention...

yah..may be they should ban photographer and children < 16 yrs old. Or charge entrance fee which is refundable with purchase of $xx and above.

certainly will reduce the jam and crowds.

long long time ago when pc show still held in WTC, first half of the day is reserved for trade vistors, u wont see photographer, children, auntie or uncle

Status
Not open for further replies.