COMEX 2007 records S$50m in sales, highest in 16 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
SINGAPORE: More than 700,000 people visited COMEX 2007, Singapore's largest electronic trade fair show, from August 30 to September 2.

Sales at the show are expected to hit some 50 million Singapore dollars, which is 40 per cent more than last year, and a record high for the 16-year-old show.

Sunday was the final day of COMEX 2007, and a lot of good deals were available.

"Maybe they would like to wait for the last day to get the best price because the prices are slashing down during the last moment," said vendor Ray Tan.

But even with huge discounts on offer, some careful spenders were only willing to part with their cash after comparing prices.

"Most probably I will just browse around, take a look and make some comparison. See whether I can get a better deal," said a potential customer.

There were big spenders around as well, and the most sought-after products were large LCD television sets and digital cameras.

"A lot (of people) are going for lifestyle. Even the costly ones, they are actually going after it. Basically, (it’s a about) look and feel, prestige of the brand," said vendor Gary Tan.

Organisers and participating merchants said the higher sales this year could be attributed to the demand for high-end products. - CNA/ac

Eh...

Sales is not profits.
They can increase GST another 100% the sales will increase in proportion also.

Things today getting more expensive? Or really business is that good?

you think the masses will know? they will go "wow!!!" and then be convinced that the country is doing well.

Eh...

Sales is not profits.
They can increase GST another 100% the sales will increase in proportion also.

Things today getting more expensive? Or really business is that good?

ya increase 40% is because of gst
gg no re
best logic :thumbsup:

It's also because Comex has been offering more and more things. Even like those Singapore Pools betting cards or something.

higher sales does not mean higher profit...with rental in sg so ex...i dun expect them to earn a lot also...

yeah... imagine sony hiring soo many show girls.... girls cost $$$ too, you know. :bsmilie:

The vendors are playing quite a lot for the booths. The more prominent the location of the booth the more ex. Not sure how much the organisers charge but it's not cheap. So that is why they slashes prices last minute to gain back on their expensivr rental.

I wonder how they counted 700k people. No need to buy tickets and I didn't see anyone taking note of people entering...

I wonder how they counted 700k people. No need to buy tickets and I didn't see anyone taking note of people entering...

if you look closely, there is always a girl holding a ticker near the escalators. :cool:

Purpose of this news?

To brighten up our days and give us hope to move on? :bsmilie:

yeah... imagine sony hiring soo many show girls.... girls cost $$$ too, you know. :bsmilie:
1st day there, i saw Lenovo having more sales promoters then customers! :bigeyes:

using maths???

haha first day there i saw more acer promoters than customers

I also contributed to the sales.. got a card reader, USB Hub and ..a iMac which made the eyes of my wife turned ! But damged done and cannot be undone

higher sales does not mean higher profit...with rental in sg so ex...i dun expect them to earn a lot also...

more sale + less profit = more profit

Bao Li to siao

Status
Not open for further replies.