Comex 2006 coming..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengsing

Aug 20, 2003
chengsing.kr.sg
what you guys already have in mind and can't wait to swipe your cards or take out some cash to buy something?

for the benefit of doubt for those that dunno, it starts on the 31 aug (thurs)

Right.
Comex 2006

31st August - 3rd September 2006
Singapore Expo
Halls 4, 5 & 6

Opening Hours :
12 noon to 9pm
Free Admission

Darn it .. my HDD had to die before comex :complain: ...

So what are the "to buys" aka "wishlist"?

For me:

1. new HDD.
2. Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media

for my case..as usual la.. hope to see some really cheap CF card deals..
something like $20 for 4gb card.. hahaahaha.... alright i m dreaming..

i go eat maggi mee liao ;p

dEthANGeL said:
Darn it .. my HDD had to die before comex :complain: ...

So what are the "to buys" aka "wishlist"?

For me:

1. new HDD.
2. Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media

this particular brand of dvd-r good har?

TY seems abit hard to find in sg these days. do try MCC03 or MCC04. they burn pretty decent as well.

my list of must buys? hm.
1. more memory related items (CFs, thumbdrives, hdd, dvdr)
2. a bigger dry cabinet?
- to be honest, i dont really know what should/can buy at such shows these days. most of the things on offer there is either too exp. or not necc for my needs. *shrug*

'side project'
1. take photos of show girls?
2. take photos of the latest products eg. zhng-ed casing or like the previous show, the gold motorola marketing gimmick?

at the end of the day.. you will curse
1. a huge damage on your wallet
2. baby scrollers! they shouldnt be brought to such a crowded place -_-
3. expensive parking fees at expo (if you drive)

chengsing said:
this particular brand of dvd-r good har?

Its a type of dye particularly used in DVD-Rs. Sadly they have become extinct here in Singapore. :rolleyes:

FilterFunk said:
TY seems abit hard to find in sg these days. do try MCC03 or MCC04. they burn pretty decent as well.

I'm using MCC02 since its -R media ... kinda sad. :rolleyes: .. can't find them anymore.

All PC shows are more or less the same ... :dunno: ... and yes i simply hate people bringing baby strollers to the already crowded show floor.

i wan to get portable hd! so broke..

I plan to buy some DVD-Rs and maybe some DVD-RWs. I got lots of data in my laptop that I need to back it up.

I am also thinking of buying a portable hard-drive. May also go and find out how much a Macbook costs.

Btw, anyone knows a good & reliable brand for a portable hard-drive? I'm a complete tech idiot.

Cheers,
{mich}

mich_2103 said:
I plan to buy some DVD-Rs and maybe some DVD-RWs. I got lots of data in my laptop that I need to back it up.

I am also thinking of buying a portable hard-drive. May also go and find out how much a Macbook costs.

Btw, anyone knows a good & reliable brand for a portable hard-drive? I'm a complete tech idiot.

Cheers,
{mich}

Currently using a hitachi 40GB + smartdrive housing combo bought from Bell Systems ... good enough .. and it doesn't burn the wallet. Hitachi laptop hdds for me any time :thumbsup:

dEthANGeL said:
Currently using a hitachi 40GB + smartdrive housing combo bought from Bell Systems ... good enough .. and it doesn't burn the wallet. Hitachi laptop hdds for me any time :thumbsup:
Cool, thanks for the reply! :) For your Hitachi harddrive, does it lag? Meaning taking a long time when you transfer huge amount of files from your laptop to your harddrive? Because I used my friend's portable hdd and it was so slow.

For yours including the housing combo, how much does it costs in total?

Thanks for the reply again.

mich_2103 said:
Cool, thanks for the reply! :) For your Hitachi harddrive, does it lag? Meaning taking a long time when you transfer huge amount of files from your laptop to your harddrive? Because I used my friend's portable hdd and it was so slow.

For yours including the housing combo, how much does it costs in total?

Thanks for the reply again.

No probs ... Housing costs $25-28 depending on the shop.

As for lag, it depends how much data we're talking about. USB 2.0 will never feel as zippy as firewire. On the other hand, it might be that you connected a USB 2.0 housing to a 1.1 port or vice versa which causes the slow down.

i 2nd that for hitachi hdd(s). i wonder why some people are always rooting for seagate even though their problems for the recent batch of 320gb hdd are so obvious -_-

you might also want to consider the rpm of the hdd. the faster the rpm = the faster the transfer = the noiser the drive = the faster it gets heated up.

the 2.5" portable hdd has 2 speeds i believe. 4200rpm and 5400rpm.

dEthANGeL said:
...2. Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media

TY medias are almost extinct in Singapore. If you got any 'lor bang', please let me know, and vice versa.

1x Sata PCI card (if there is 1 existing...)
2x 500gb HDD
1x Laser multifunction printer

but i'll see the price of the printer on website 1st (Canon) then see worthwhile to go anot... the rest can get from SLS anytime.

photobum said:
TY medias are almost extinct in Singapore. If you got any 'lor bang', please let me know, and vice versa.
There're on & off TY MOs going around at HZW & VRZ. check them out. ;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
1x Sata PCI card (if there is 1 existing...)
2x 500gb HDD
1x Laser multifunction printer

but i'll see the price of the printer on website 1st (Canon) then see worthwhile to go anot... the rest can get from SLS anytime.
I have seem those extension for SATA that route out on PCI slot at Chamoxa, SLS. Not the one as you state as SATA PCI card.

1 Tera bytes, you really shoot a lot huh. :bigeyes:

Interested in TY media also. May be CS should do one MO also :bsmilie: .

zcf said:
I have seem those extension for SATA that route out on PCI slot at Chamoxa, SLS. Not the one as you state as SATA PCI card.

1 Tera bytes, you really shoot a lot huh. :bigeyes:

Interested in TY media also. May be CS should do one MO also :bsmilie: .

heheh... i got 4x Sata in my system now, removed 2x IDE already, not enuff space... keep deleting stuff yet not enuff... sianz... now no space to scratch even...

evq said:
There're on & off TY MOs going around at HZW & VRZ. check them out. ;)

I've seen them but still a little ex for my taste... :think: ...

Status
Not open for further replies.