Comex 2002 at Suntec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
The major camera manufacturers are all present there - Canon, Nikon, Fuji, even Pentax and Leica.

Of particular note is Nikon's booth - if you are lucky, can get to try out the Nikkor 600 f/4 AFS-II lens ;p and keep an eagle eye out for the two gorgeous Nikon babes. All Nikon products can be seen there from the F55 to the F5, D100 to D1x, lots of sexy AFS lenses, and of course, the 2500, 4500, 5000, 5700 and their accessories.

Canon's booth has an impressive display of prints from their new S9000, but seems to be promoting printers more than anything else. Can also take a pic with the model, but IMHO, The Twin Nikon Knockouts are prettier.

Rest of Comex a bit like pasar malam with vendors selling accessories like Super Magic Tough Stain Remover, Ultra Powerful CD/DVD Scratch Remover; Wonderful Wireless Remote Peeping Cameras; and tonnes of CD-Rs, motherboards, etc. etc. etc.

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Any Eizo LCDs on display? ;p

Lots of Eizo LCDs on display!!!

never see the Nikon babes though, but the Canon one was there in the evening.

Adam,

Yes, they have promotion for the monitor there basically LCD monitors there. Go take a look at it.

Any Eizo LCDs on display? ;p
yes, oh yes, there was lots of Eizos on display - one particular setup impressed the most - a 3-LCD (all Eizo, sexy black) showing a panoramic view of a game. The Eizos were driven by the new Matrox Parhelia graphics card ..... ssswwweeeetttt ....

Just imagine, wraparound gaming ....

never see the Nikon babes though, but the Canon one was there in the evening.

The one in the pink dress? :)

Was hoping they'd sell accessories at Nikon though....

Originally posted by ckiang
Eizo is there. L565 for $1299 I think. Never saw any Nikon babes leh.

Tried the AFS 600/4 - shiok.
Nikon D100 + AFS 28-70/2.8 shiok

Regards
CK

Hmm...I was hoping it'll drop to $1.2k by year end ;p Anyway, is any one keen to go jalan jalan Comex this Sunday?

Anyway, is anyoen keen to go jalan jalan Comex this Sunday?
Sunday!!?!!? good luck, man!! even today pack like sardine and hard to walk around - cant imagine the situation on Sunday........

Hmm...I was hoping it'll drop to $1.2k by year end ;p Anyway, is anyoen keen to go jalan jalan Comex this Sunday?

I wouldn't.... when I went PC Show the last time, it's packed like crazy. Tonite is already quite bad! :(

Somehow the price of L365 did not drop, though the L565 dropped a bit. $1.2k at end of year might just be possible. But then, now I am eyeing the 18.1" one.... ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Did they have any head mounted displays? If so, I'm going down to take a look. Need one to hook up to my CP990 for street photography.

make sure u get the BlueTooth one, instead of the corded HMD. BlueTooth version is only a few hundred more but u'll be surprised with the increased versatility.

didn't saw the nikon babes today but the canon one was there..
she's a model i guess they have studio lights already fixed up u can juz go up and have a pic with her or take her pic.
too bad i only packed a slow speed film and forgotten to take my speedlight along so didn't take her pic hehe..
any1 here in clubsnap had better luck?

Originally posted by Mystix
luck? no need luck one.... btw, u want their phone numbers?

:cool: ;) ;p :what:

I have disappeared for quite sometimes...cos i was busy shifting my house to punggol last week....just manage to setup the computer but there are no SCV till end of the year!!! :angry:
Now i am using a 56K modem but dunno why only can connect at 19.2kbps....

these two days I was busy with the Comex 2002, just finished a detail report for this Comex 2002, good for those who have not been there yet.

and of cos, i manage to capture all the ladies pictures, they all willing to pose for me. ;p

Take a look at

http://www.reviewmakers.com/showdoc.php?article=14

Yawn....gtg sleep....Sat/Sun still have to go to work....

Originally posted by kamwai

I have disappeared for quite sometimes...cos i was busy shifting my house to punggol last week....just manage to setup the computer but there are no SCV till end of the year!!! :angry:
Now i am using a 56K modem but dunno why only can connect at 19.2kbps....
I know how you feel...I just shifted to Melbourne and there's no broadband connection. Sent in my application but won't get it for at least another 3 weeks! Plus the prices are sky-high...
:cry:

didn't saw the nikon babes today but the canon one was there..
she's a model i guess they have studio lights already fixed up u can juz go up and have a pic with her or take her pic.
too bad i only packed a slow speed film and forgotten to take my speedlight along so didn't take her pic hehe..

http://www.openlens.com/unsecure/albums/albun64/canon1.jpg

I missed the Nikon babes too, but manage to take some shots of the one at Canon. Got this printed out for free with the CP-100 on a postcard. Good quality printing.

You might wanna check out Samsung latest lcd - the 172 T and the 172 P - designed by FA Porsche. :D

Both going for abt $1480..

Wow..when and saw the super chio sexy Nikon Babe. :)~~~~~~~~~~~But never took pics. Also played with the 600mm f4 AFS II. They shld have mounted a D1x or F5/F100 onto the lens instead of the F80.

Status
Not open for further replies.