man... look at the highest few bids...
didn't even wanted to bid 100 for my road sign... :what:

highest bids

Mohamed Sultan Rd Hot Item! Closed! 29 $1338.00
Maxwell Rd Set (Chinese & English) Closed! 10 $1040.00
St Thomas Walk Hot Item! Closed! 31 $1000.00
Raffles Institution Lane Hot Item! Closed! 33 $700.00
Jiak Kim St Hot Item! Closed! 22 $680.00

Should not consider the Maxwell Rd bid in the same light as the others as it was one of the 3 special signs that started at 1000. The others started at 50.
Got mine for 91. Glad as it was the street that I spent my childhood. Most memorable. The street is no more today. Saw ad today reminding that it's last day. So decided to bid.
More important, am very happy to contribute to charity thru comchest in this way. Great idea.

I could have gotten mine at $51 ... then someone came in and bidded $80 about a week ago, then never came back to bid again ... sabo me, make me up my bid to $81! ;(

I think I should have secured it .... otherwise :cry:

Reminds me of my secondary school days when we er... relocated road signs to the inside of the classroom. Never will forget my friend coming in with a red stop sign one day.

That said, i'm sure if you want a certain road sign there's bound to be a teenager willing to help, for a small fee of course.

Just kidding. Really.

I hear the sound of the ROTAN ..... hahaha :bsmilie:

The results of the auction will be known by post in the next 7 days. Just have to wait lor .......

all closed liao...... :(

i want to bid taman ho swee ( my old house) , wow !! $300 over. didn;t know this hill so popular.

just got mine today, finally! :D
03-06-24-roadsign.jpg

03-06-24-roadsign-backdrop.jpg

yup :D

technically speaking, it wasn't heavy - probably 1kg, max. but when i picked it up, it looked massive! each character was probably 15cm tall, and the whole sign was about 1.5m long!

good luck to the person who picked up "commonwealth avenue west" or "bedok reservoir rd" :D

lavenderlilz, i believe that either those signs that were bidded, but the winner didn't go to pick up, it will be sold off to the 2nd highest bidder.

for those signs not bid for, i wonder... :p

want to try calling lta to find out?

oh yeah, and i admit it's kinda fun for kids too when they spot you carrying the sign - they'll read the roadsign aloud... and boy, does that put a smile in my stride! :)

no need to hang, just put like around the bed or anywhere safe :D

noticed that the edges are quite sharp, so if you hang it around the bed, make sure it doesn't drop and chop off your head or legs when you zzz :bsmilie:

i'm thinking of hanging together with my house unit number nehz or in the living room as a piece of Art .... haha .. how abt u ? u keep it in ur room ar ???

Status
Not open for further replies.